Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

My pastel Easter table

christmascandy
13 years ago

Here is my sunroom table with some Easter decor.

I love this tablecloth!! It is blossomsandblooms, and is so pretty IRL and came from the ARC TS for $7.99!!

Here is the edge:

The candyshot:

The silk flowers are from DT, my everyday silverware, and candles I have had for a few yrs. EVERYTHING ELSE is thrift store.

There is a small gold rabbit on the silver napkin ring.

I went to GoodWill on Monday and as I was driving there, I thought to myself that I didn't have any pink chargers. Unbelievably, they had 8 pink ceramic chargers and because it was Senior Day, they were .75c each!! They were just what I needed for this table!! They also had the green pitcher that I used in the CP, which was just the right shade for the green in the tablecloth! The pink cabbage plate under the pitcher is Bordallo Pinheiro and, yes, it was a TS find.

This table is prettier than it photographs, but I don't know how to take any better pictures.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, This table is wonderful!!
    It is like a breath of fresh air.
    The table cloth is lovely, and it is the perfect backdrop for your tablescape.
    Great Candy Shot!!
    I love the napkins and napkin rings are adorable.
    What luck finding the pink chargers and the green pitcher.
    The soft pink stems are so pretty on your table.
    The table photographs beautifully, and all I can say is...

WOW!!!

NanaK

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, Nana said it ALL! Love the all the dishes. The designs on the plates are wonderful. Your new tc is soooooo pretty. The little bunnies on the napkin rings are cute. Photographes look great. Who could ask 4 more.

Enjoyed seeing your lovely Spring Easter table this morning. It's almost 50 here. This may be a perfect start to a beautiful day.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your GW find of the pink chargers is AWESOME (here they would have been about $3 EACH...& they are PERFECT w/your placesettings & t'cloth!

Your t'cloth steals the show! WOW! ...round tables are so cool for t'scaping! & the way you set this one up w/that cloth & linens...SUPER DUPER! I can't think of any more adjectives! Love the dishes, the choice of napkins & way they're put tog, the napkin ring, glassware, just everything SHOUTS Spring! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.
    AND YOUR PICS ARE WONDERFUL!

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Oh this is one of your loveliest tables yet Candy! I love the plates and the chargers! The napkin rings are too die for. Believe it or not I have found 3 of the purple glasses just like yours at 2 different TS by me and am still on the hunt for a fourth.

Kath

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nana, thank you for the encouragement. I liked the little blue flower on the cream napkin as it mimics the embroidered blue flower on the tablecloth.

Punk, we have been having absoutely horrible winds, with gusts up to almost 80 mph, but it is supposed to die down today and get to 71 and tomorrow is supposed to be 78, and then snow on Monday!! You'll never guess what I'm doing this afternoon and tomorrow, LOL
    OK, you got it. I have tee times, yea!!

Jeanne, this is one of those tables that I love everything on here. When I found that tablecloth, I knew exactly how the table would come together except I had not yet found the pink chargers. Those cream plates are just gorgeous, and the soft pink color of the chargers is so lovely. I couldn't believe my luck finding them!! The colors of the silk flowers are not as harsh as they appear in the picture.

Kath, thank you. I have been saving those napkin rings for one of my Easter tables. There are 2 more set right now, one on the kitchen table and one on the dining room table. Good luck searching for that 4th goblet. It gives you a reason to shop, LOL

Thanks again everybody,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

How beautiful! I have never seen pink ceramic chargers! What a find. The tablecloth is so pretty, and I love the plates. Great job, Candy.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I don't know how that table could be any prettier in real life, the photos of it are lovely!!

Hope you get to enjoy your golf. DH just headed out tho we might even hit 100 today. Heat doesn't bother him but he sure hates wind, which is predicted this weekend.
    Can't believe you're going from 71 to more snow. CO sounds more unpredictable than here.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Just lovely Candy! I feel if I were sitting at your
    table, I should be wearing a long flowing dress, gloves and a large Picture Hat!!
    I love everything about this setting...starting with that beautiful tablecloth -
    lovely dishes and all your accessories...
    The colors are all so pretty.

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, you found those gorgeous plates at a TS? Those are so pretty and I'm sure even more so in real life. I think your "shopping angel" must have been along for you to find those pretty pink chargers at such a fantastic price! Wow! And the tablecloth is so pretty too. You put together another really pretty table for sure. Luvs

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,
    I love your table! I've never seen an appliqued tablecloth like that, with flowers and Easter eggs--how unique.

And how wonderful you had (or found) all the dishes, napkins, etc., to coordinate with the cloth. I have always liked spring settings with different pastel dishes. It is very pretty.

- Magpie

• ladypat1
    12 years ago

This tablecloth is just too pretty! What a find! I really like the texture of your plates, and I especially like the double napkins, very pretty!

Pat

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such a pretty spring table! Love your tablecloth! I have a question for you...how do you always get the great "from above" picture of your tables? Looks so pretty and you get the full effect!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathleen, I never had seen pink ones either, but they were just sitting there at GoodWill patiently waiting to jump into my cart!! LOL

Karen, golf was great and the weather is fabulous, but snow still predicted for tomorrow night and Monday, : (

Jane, you would look lovely in that outfit and I would be honored to have you at my table. Where is that darn bus?? LOL

Luvs, I don't know if I hit the stores at just the right time, everyone around here isn't into tablescapes, or my shopping angel is helping, but I surely do find some pretty plates!!

Magpie, that tablecloth is so pretty IRL that I didn't even consider waiting for it to be on sale. I didn't figure it would hang around that long! The napkins I just collect as I find them on sale. They are so much less expensive than buying them in a regular store. Then when I set a table, I look to see what I have that will coordinate.

Pat, thanks. I had some other dishes in my cart until I saw the cream ones, and I traded them out ASAP!! The cream ones were so much lovelier than the others! The pattern is English Meadow by Julia Bullmore, castles and cottages.

Marlene, Karen says I hang from the ceiling, LOL, but I actually just stand on the chair, raise my arms, and hold the camera over the table. Then I take the shot. If it's too off center, I delete it until I have a good one.

Thanks again everybody.

Candy

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions