Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Easter Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

I had this all loaded and my computer froze up so I'll try again.sigh I'm not a quitter so here goes another try.LOL

I bought most of this at Ross and TJ Maxx on clearance this year. It was one of those days when one plate and cross led to another and another.LOL

The book with Jesus, "The Letter" was DM's and I've always loved it so I used it in front of my cp. DM was a Sunday School, Bible School teacher and spent alot of time serving her savior.

I bought two each of these plates for my table.

The gr plates were $1 and the small flowered plates were $5.99 for the set of 4. I added my Christmas 'Hope' in the center.

Floweres were from DP and the poppies were Walmart clearance for $1,50. I used my new cut work vase and pedestal cake plate. I also added my eggs with Blessing written in the crosses and the cutwork eggs in cp. They are kinda hidden so you have to look close.

Crystal crosses didn't show up as much in the pictures but are wonderful with the sun shining in. Placed a few of my bunnies around on this table.

This was a fun table and DF topped it off with her lovely Easter Post Cards she shared. Hope you enjoy seeing another table.

Punk

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Punk,
    This is a wonderful Easter table!!
    The verse plates, the crystal crosses and your DM's book are all perfect on here.
    It really conveys the true meaning of the holiday and your layered plates are lovely.

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk, I agree with Candy...this is truly a wonderful Easter Table!
    I love how you showcased your DM's book - the true meaning of the holiday.
    The crystal crosses you added are lovely and adds to your theme.
    I saw the same plates the other day at TJM and thought they were very pretty and they DO look pretty layered with your others. All the little bunnies - eggs and your CP add just the right touch of color to everything.
    I enjoyed looking at 'Another Table'...

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Me, too, punk! I love the big plates with the Bible verses ...what a lovely idea for an Easter table! They fit very well w/those chargers!

And your book of Jesus with "The Letter" of your DM's certainly would make her very happy to see it on this table! The crystal candleholders & crosses are beautiful! Family memories & the real reason we celebrate Easter!

Your egg cups & bunnies/pastels are just so charming. TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Everything they said, Punk.
    This table is lovely and shows the true meaning of Easter.
    I love that you honored your Mom by using her things.
    The crystal candle holders and crosses are just the right touch.They look wonderful with all the spring colors.
    That bunny sitting on top of the vent is a hoot. I always feel better after coming here and admiring what my holiday friends have done.TFS!!
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Lovely table and centerpiece! Always special when we can use family pieces! Love the floral plates too and your use of the word "hope" in the center of them.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Punk,
    What a wonderful idea to use those beautiful scriptural plates. It seems that everyone ahead of me liked the idea, too! What a lovely way to show off the true meaning of our Easter Day.

You have mixed in all the sweet secular trappings of Easter, like the bunnies and egg cups, so they seem to reinforce the real message.

Very nice table.

- Magpie

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That's lovely, Punk! It is good to remember the real meaning of the holiday. Those plates are wonderful!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with all the other's have said, wonderful plates and they perfectly with your DM book. You added so many fun things to look at--perfect combination of fun and the true meaning of the holiday. Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your comments. I'm running out of time to comment on each post. The little gal who works for me has been at Harbor View Medical Center in Seattle all week with her MIL to be. She had a wreck on her four wheeler and ended up being life flighted out. I need to boot scoot and get some things packaged to ship out before opening this morning. It's been a long week with porting phones from another carrier over to us. I'm exhausted trying to keep up but the results will be wonderful.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I didn't want this this wonderful table get by without at least a short comment on the beauty of it. I think the Bible plates are amazing. I know what you mean about running out of time to comment on all the great posts.
    Frou