Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Wreath

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 0:21

I found a wreath form at the TS for 85C. It is like a hamster wheel with "rungs" to tuck fabric into.
I bought a spool of purple tulle in the bridal section at HL 50% off, $3 worth of silk flowers at DT and a spool of lavender ribbon, also from DT.
This is the result:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I just tucked the entire spool (I think it was 20 yards) of tulle into the wire frame, then wired on the flowers and the bow.

Total cost about $8.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Wreath

Spring has sprung. I want one of these on my front door. I think I can do it.

o

Oh Candy, your wreath is so pretty. I've seen them done like this with the wide ribbons. Great idea using tulle. Much cheaper too!

Happy spring.

Punk

o

Candy, Your wreath is perfect for Spring, so pretty and welcoming. Good job!
TFS
Nana

o

Wow Candy, your 'Spring Wreath' came out beautiful!
Great idea using tulle and I love the colors .

You know I have one of those 'Hamster Wheel' wreath forms..
up in my attic...I bought it over 15 yrs ago...It was one of those
'one day' projects I never got to do.
It's nice to see how you 'got to do' yours!! lol
jane

o

Looks so airy and happy! Great idea!

o

I may have that kind of wreath form, found at GW a few years ago. Its red. But I never quite figured out what to do with it. If yours is same kind, then now I have an idea thank you very much.
;o)

hugs, Karen

o

Beautiful!!! I looks so springy. You are so creative, you make me jealous. Everything you show is just perfect. Can I come craft and shop with you? Janet

o

Thanks everybody.

I'm issuing a standing invitation to all my friends here to come shop and or craft together. Just get on the bus and head to Colorado!! LOL Although it would be a ton of fun.

The tulle ribbon was only about 8" wide, not the actual fabric that is a lot wider. The ribbon bow is actually lavender, although it looks almost white in the picture. I guess because it is so sheer, it photographs differently than reality. Because I like lilacs so much, I used a purple silk bush and a purple/white silk bush along with the big purple flowers.

Thanks everyone.
Candy

o

Very pretty, Candy! I don't think I know what a hamster wheel form is?

o

Kathleen, that is the best way I could think of to describe it. It is a metal form, that looks like a ladder bent into a circle, or a wheel for hamsters to run in without the center supports. Then fabric or ribbon or old neckties (??) just get tucked in between the rungs to make the wreath.
Thanks,
Candy

o

Hmm, I can picture it, but I don't think I have ever seen one.
Thanks for the explanation!

o

Candy, I think the wire wreath form you used for your pretty wreath, sounds the ones used for making pine cone wreaths.
Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here