Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Purple Wreath

christmascandy
12 years ago

I found a wreath form at the TS for 85C. It is like a hamster wheel with "rungs" to tuck fabric into.

I bought a spool of purple tulle in the bridal section at HL 50% off, $3 worth of silk flowers at DT and a spool of lavender ribbon, also from DT.

This is the result:

I just tucked the entire spool (I think it was 20 yards) of tulle into the wire frame, then wired on the flowers and the bow.

Total cost about $8.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Spring has sprung. I want one of these on my front door. I think I can do it.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oh Candy, your wreath is so pretty. I've seen them done like this with the wide ribbons. Great idea using tulle. Much cheaper too!

Happy spring.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, Your wreath is perfect for Spring, so pretty and welcoming. Good job!
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wow Candy, your 'Spring Wreath' came out beautiful!
    Great idea using tulle and I love the colors .

You know I have one of those 'Hamster Wheel' wreath forms..
    up in my attic...I bought it over 15 yrs ago...It was one of those
    'one day' projects I never got to do.
    It's nice to see how you 'got to do' yours!! lol
    jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks so airy and happy! Great idea!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I may have that kind of wreath form, found at GW a few years ago. Its red. But I never quite figured out what to do with it. If yours is same kind, then now I have an idea thank you very much.
    ;o)

hugs, Karen

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!! I looks so springy. You are so creative, you make me jealous. Everything you show is just perfect. Can I come craft and shop with you? Janet

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everybody.

I'm issuing a standing invitation to all my friends here to come shop and or craft together. Just get on the bus and head to Colorado!! LOL Although it would be a ton of fun.

The tulle ribbon was only about 8" wide, not the actual fabric that is a lot wider. The ribbon bow is actually lavender, although it looks almost white in the picture. I guess because it is so sheer, it photographs differently than reality. Because I like lilacs so much, I used a purple silk bush and a purple/white silk bush along with the big purple flowers.

Thanks everyone.
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Candy! I don't think I know what a hamster wheel form is?

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kathleen, that is the best way I could think of to describe it. It is a metal form, that looks like a ladder bent into a circle, or a wheel for hamsters to run in without the center supports. Then fabric or ribbon or old neckties (??) just get tucked in between the rungs to make the wreath.
    Thanks,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Hmm, I can picture it, but I don't think I have ever seen one.
    Thanks for the explanation!

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, I think the wire wreath form you used for your pretty wreath, sounds the ones used for making pine cone wreaths.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions