Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
decorate this?

Posted by Paddysmom (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 23:30

I am hosting a rehearsal dinner in a Tex/Mex restaurant and want to decorate the tables somehow. The room is kind of dark with brown walls and a couple of huge abstract paintings that remind me on sunsets. I live in Texas so the bandanas and such are so overdone here. Can you think of a way to make the tables colorful and fun but not look like a kid's birthday party? I am trying to think of something kind of Mexican in the way of bright flowers, napkins, some kind of favors or take home decorations. We have just a few minutes to get the decorations on the tables so I will need to come with everything preassembled. Can you talented people help me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: decorate this?

wow. Real Tex/Mex is a million miles from here. :p

My first thoughts went with brightly colored hot peppers, bottles of hot sauce, and small cactus plants -- the latter two would make good favors and somebody like me would be more than happy to take any extra hot peppers off your hands when the party is over. :)

I did some quick searches and the first thing that struck me was perhaps using a brightly colored sarape to cover or drape the tables... and what about using maracas as decor and favors?! I assume they're available in your location, but up here we'd have to go to a place like Party City to get them. lol! Here's a link to "fiesta" stuff at Party City:
fiesta party favors

o
RE: decorate this?

***####!!!!
I just typed a long response and my computer burped and I lost the whole thing!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Piggybacking on PM's idea...use the hot sauce and make cute rehearsal dinner labels for the bottles.
eg: Some Like It Hot!
John and Mary
March 31, 2013

Buy etching cream and small votive cups. Make a stencil, and etch the couples information into the cups for guest favors.

Use Gerbera daisies in mason jars down the table centers. Real or silk, they come in bright colors.

Make your own napkins using a fun print or brightly colored solids. You could match the color of the daisies.
Think hot pink, orange, lime green, yellow, turquoise, red. If you don;t sew, cut them out with pinking shears.

Make napkin rings out of carboard tubes covered with fabric, or buy inexpensive ones, and cut out cactus shapes from felt or cardstock and glue to the napkin rings.

You might be able to find small pinatas at a party supply store with a wedding theme and use as centerpieces.

Colorful candles are always a good choice.

Use different colored package shreds and spread them in the middle as table scatter.

I'm going to try to post now before this goes away again, LOL

Candy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here