Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

First birds of Spring

maximavswife
13 years ago

I had a lot of inspiration for this table. I did some work in the yard this morning while we had a period of abundant sunshine. I had cleaned out the birdbath and filled it with some fresh water. When I walked into the house and looked out the kitchen window there were birds lined up on the fence waiting their turn at the birdbath. Birds were drinking and bathing right and left. It made my heart sing! Maybe spring really is on its way!

Then I looked around the house and remembered the bird cage looking terrarium I had purchased at an estate sale last year. More rummaging around and gathering, perhaps like birds building a nest? And I had the makings of a tablescape. I pulled out a tablecloth I had purchased on clearance at Target last fall. How perfect, right??! The china is a find by hubs. He saw them and loved them at one of the very few estate sales he went to with me. We went back on the last day and got them half off which made him even happier. The design made me think of birds feathers, light and airy. The crystal water glasses were hubs birthday gift to me a few weeks ago and the flatware was also a gift from hubs at Christmas. Yes friends, he is my own enabler :)

And at the end of the day, I have my own little bird, captured, to help me dream of warm spring days and the lovely melody of happy well bathe birds to come...soon please.

Kath

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh Kath, What a fun table.
    The stemware from your husband is lovely. I've never seen a tablecloth like that. Everything goes together so well. Great job!!
    You won't believe it, but a flock of Canada geese flew over heading north as I was reading this. A sure sign that Spring is on it's way.
    TFS
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your table turned out really lovely. Great that your DH also was interested in the dishes and wonderful that he bought you stemware--I'd say he's a keeper for sure. That tablecloth could not have been more perfect, great find. It sure all came together so well. Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Your table is lovely! The centerpiece is just awesome! Love the tablecloth, the dishes and all of your birds too! TFS~

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, what a cheerful Spring table!!! Yes, it definitely whispers that "Spring is in the air!" Such delicate little "birdies" alighting on your table around your gorgeous centerpc...what a find! Love it! & the candlelight is nice, too. Your t'cloth is the selling point of the whole t'scape! The china color & pattern is perfect w/the t'cloth, too! & your pretty crystal. Lovely, lovely table, maxi! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Your early birds get the prize, (not the worm.LOL)

I love how your birds match the ones in the tablecloth. They look perfect with your bird cage looking terrarium.

Great job,
    Candy

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Kath,
    I like your tablecloth and the bird theme. And the terrarium is just the right 'note!". Spring for sure is coming...

- Magpie

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

WOW....that flock of birds really got you inspired! I love how you put it all together, but especially that neat tablecloth.

Does your Hubs give lessons? My Mr Oblivious could use some help. LOL

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Wow girl, you are really on a roll decorating! This is such a pretty Spring table. Love the tablecloth and the plates are perfect on it.

Great job on the bird cage cp with moss and bird nest, so neat. Your crystal stems and flatware are so pretty and look great on this table. Sounds like DH is a wonderful shopper for you. Lucky You!

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I don't know how I missed this..but I must say it's all so
    bright and refreshing to look at, with the promise of 'Spring' !!
    I love everything on your table.
    Such a pretty tablecloth that 'sets the stage'. I like the layering of your dishes - your glassware and the little birdies... But that CP is wonderful and so perfect!
    Love it all, now this inspired me!
    jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is lovely! The tablecloth and china is so pretty!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors
More Discussions