Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

The 'Hands' that surprised my DD

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Well, after seeing Jeanne's suggestion about the great wording from Dr Seuss for my DDGs feet photo, I went and edited that into my picture. Then printed it, and their hands one, out last night. Today I went to Michaels to get mats and frames. I love the frames I found, black but with traces of a brown tint. I framed the hands one I favored, from behind the girls, but printed out the other as well so my DD could choose.

Boy was she ever surprised when she saw these!! The look, and smile, on her face was PRICELESS! (Thank you again, OA!) She liked both hands photos and took the 2nd one with her, said she might frame it for her office.

Here's how they turned out....

{{gwi:1417645}}

{{gwi:1417646}}

Something about this "inspiration" project kind of tickled me when I stopped to think about ALL of it....

Jeanne inspires OA to make Hands artwork. OA inspires me to make one of my DGDs. My 9 yr old DGD was 'inspired' by me taking the hands pictures to ask me to take their feet too. I showed it to all of you, and you inspired me to do up both sets of photos. Then JEANNE comes up with the Dr Seuss

saying for the Feet picture.

Sort of all came full circle didn't it?!!

I told my DD how all of you had a "hand" in this. LOL

She loved the story.

hugs, Karen

Comments (19)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Nice selection Karen...The framing/matting and wording work beautifully together.
    Glad your DD liked them..and that it brought you just as much joy in doing it.
    jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, I love it all.

I may have to do a feetie photo myself. Doesn't it just grab at your heart strings??1!!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Now, doesn't that just "tickle your toes!" (ohhh, I guess that's "bones!") Love 'em, love 'em! Very nice choice of frames, matts & the pics look great! What a super job, purplemoon!...nice to have had a "hand" in this! Tee hee! And I just love the little sun-tanned toes! TFS & hugs to ya! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

They just turned out perfect!
    The framing sets them off so beautifully.
    I'm sure your DD will love these for a long time.
    I still have the plaster hand cast displayed that my youngest DD made in Kindergarten.
    It freezes that age in time to look back on and reflect how cute and innocent they were.

I also like the sibling sayings " I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!" LOL

This is a great early Mother's Day gift!!

I just don't have enough superlatives to describe it!

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!!

TFS,
    Candy

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Karen,

I love the photo, it is so perfect. The background of the brick patio is just so artistic! And your frames are wonderfully suited. I'll bet you inspire a lot of other people, too!

- Magpie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mags, have to thank OA for the idea of the brick patio background. That was something I really loved in her picture, and luckily my DD has a brick patio.

I'm so happy that all of you really like these too.
    Especially the feet! I think it makes a really cute pair of prints. I told my DGD that her idea for me to take a photo of them was a REALLY good one! (those two girls are always painting their toes and wearing sandals or flip flops, or going barefoot.)

I hope to see some of you play with this idea too.
    hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, I agree with what everyone said. That was wonderful in every way. Thank you for sharing it with us. - Marylee

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, love your choice of frames and the way they turned out! This is such a wonderful idea and I hope it inspires others too. So fun..........

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, The photos look wonderful matted and framed.
    I love black and white photos they have such a timeless quality.
    Thanks to Jeanne and OA [and your DGDs] for inspiring you.
    NanaK

• gracie-2006
    13 years ago

I am lurking from the decorating forum. It has been awhile since I have posted here. I love your idea- the photos are priceless! Just curious Karen, how did you print the Dr. Seuss phrase on the mat?

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Karen....your pictures turned out beautifully! I know that your daughter will treasure them forever. Such a great idea all around...I may have to come up with something of my own. Been looking through and printing a lot of old family photos for a family tree album. I may have to start looking at the hands of my mother, grandmother, etc.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Karen...your post here just reminded me of this pic I fixed up when one of our GS's was born a few yrs ago...G'pa (DH) had just met the little guy & they were sitting on the couch & I snapped this shot...I had it printed & framed for the baby's room. Blessings! Jeanne S.

I cropped the "hands" & then inserted full pic in the corner & changed that "saying" a bit.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen, you did a beautiful job on selecting just the right frames for the hands and feet photos. They just look wonderful. Good job! Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Karen,
    I added your Feeties Picture to theend of my Five Generations post.)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OA...just ckd out your blog above...that is pretty cool! Love the "feeties" pic, too! What fun! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OA...just ckd out your blog above...that is pretty cool! Love the "feeties" pic, too! What fun! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, that photo is absolutely wonderful. I love the tiny hand holding on to Grandpa's finger. What a wonderful keepsake photo.

Gracie, I used the Photobucket tools to edit my photo. You can add text in any color, font, etc. I am still learning all the neat stuff on PB but its pretty easy if
    you follow directions. And when you save something you've done, save it as a copy so the original stays there if needed.

OA, thanks for adding my photo to your blog post!
    hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Lovely!

• AntonyBever
    13 years ago

Hey lovely hands picture. Its a nice gift and would like to take a snap of my daughters hands and like to gift for my wife.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions