Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

March Madness - Basketball

oldalgebra
12 years ago

Here's a basketball barscape for the month of March.

Enjoy.

I haven't quite gotten into the spring/Easter mood yet.

March Madness

Comments (8)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

This is a great table OA.
    Love the hardwood placemats.
    You come up with the best ideas,and then being able to make them, All I can say is WOW!!
    Making popcorn bowls from a basketball was really clever and I think the FF holders are so Cute.
    Any Basketball fan would be honored to be center court at this setting!!
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, this was so much fun to visit your blog this morning! Love the 'March Madness' theme & all your unique accessorizing!!! What a great idea to recycle laminate flooring pcs into placemats! & the BB bowls...too funny! (actually you caught me in your remarks ..>I was think...ewww, that would taste yucky!) LOL!

The 'chalkboard' lookin' font you used for a menu...that is really cool, OA! Such fun seeing all the details here! Even the color scheme on the bar stools fit! Would love to watch the 'March Madness' from your court view! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

You really put allot of thought and advance planning into these fun settings. You amaze me with your creative ideas and attention to detail. Do you lie awake at night thinking these things up? ;o) It's great and I know it makes coming to your house so much fun for your guests.

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs,

Actually, I did put a lot of advance planning into this one - at least there was advanced planning for the placemats. We put laminate flooring into my daughter's condo almost two years ago, and I saved some of the left over pieces purposely - just to make the placemats. Then, as often is the case, the pieces sat on the garage floor for months and months. I finally got around to using them. It was surprisingly easy once I decided to try and make them.

The most expensive items were the salt and peppers. But I just LOVE them! They are bigger than I imagined (which is good for the guys) and quite substantial. The rest of the stuff was just that: stuff.

I have lots more ideas, just didn't have enough time to excite them before the party last night. Maybe that's a good thing. I can do another post next year.

I was the short order cook all during the game. Marquette lost, so the guests were not happy about that, but everyone enjoyed themselves despite the final score.

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

OA, I can see why you haven't gotten into the
    Easter spirit yet. You haven't given your brain enough room to think of anything else.
    All that advance planning has not given you any room for Easter.

It is all so amazing!! Great Job, as Always!

Now you can start on the Easter!!

Creek

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Why is it, that whenever I see one of your tables
    posted...I know it's going to be a Fun Experience !!
    This is another one of 'those experiences'!
    Love everything about this one -
    from the 'history lesson' about James Naismith -
    the inventer of Basketball -
    to all the 'How To'...with the wooden 'floor'placemats...
    Net Glass - French Fry holder... to the Scoreboard Menu!!
    Even love the look of the Beer Bottles in the Steins!
    Once again OA... thanks for the - Great History Lesson -
    and doing another fun table!

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

OA, I am really having problems with this forum tonight!!
    I love this as my first DH was a HS Basketball coach and for 30 years I lived and breathed basketball. My youngest DD played in HS as she is 6'1" tall, so it has been a big part of my life. My 2 oldest DGS's play now, although just in rec leagues as they are only in 5th and 7th grade right now.
    I would say more, but am too frustrated with this as this one post has taken almost 20 minutes!!
    TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, what a wonderful March-Madness - Basketball setting you created here. Love all the creative things you did to bring it together. Harewood placemats - duct taped with Black duct tape! I didn't even know they made black duct tape! Basketball cut in half - and dividers added! Bowls turned into basketball nets! You are so talented and think of so many neat items to make for your tables.

So fun!!!

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions