Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Mardi Gras table

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Well after a fantabulous time in Louisiana(north) for the Mardi Gras parade we made it home. It was cold but the rain ended so that we could tailgate and enjoy the parade, we caught over 200 beads, cups, doubloons, etc... I decided to go ahead and throw together a quick table before Fat Tuesday. We tailgated in a parking lot in front of GW and Big Lots, how lucky was that. I got the purple sari at GW for $3.99, it's silk with beautiful gold accents and six yards long. I had all the other decorations and dishes already.

Frou

Comments (11)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Now that's a Mardi Gras table.
    The tablecloth is wonderful. Love the heavy chains. Where did they come from? They way you wrapped the beads around the base of the tapers is very clever. I'm doing that next year for sure.

I like novelty plates. Your Mardi Gras ones are terrific.

How cute to put the babies hanging off the water glass.

I'm so jealous of all your Mardi Gras stuff. The table is just super.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, so glad you had a wonderful time in Louisiana. This table is outstanding. Love your chest with all the beads and your purple sari you found is so neat.

The setting is so pretty and I love your Mardi Gras plates. And always love your green dishes. Wild glasses are perfect on this table.

Punk

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Frou,
    Wow!! Super table. What a great buy on that sari!! Those heavy chains are really cool, but I love the little Mardi Gras plates the best.
    I didn't realize the parades were any time other than on Fat Tuesday. But then I don't know a great deal about Mardi Gras, other than there are crewes who put on the parades, they throw lots of beads, the colors are purple, green, and gold and there are lots of masks.
    I would like to visit New Orleans some day, but I don't think I would like to go at Mardi Gras time, I'm not a big fan of crowds.

Wonderful job for just "throwing it together."

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wow Frou..you definitely brought 'It' back with you and it
    Definitely shouts 'Mardi Gras'! Sounds like you had a great time >
    Great look to your table with all the beautiful beads and glitz. Love the masks and the feather boas and the beautiful colors you used. That sari was a great find and is perfect as a tc.
    Great job on everything.
    jane

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Frou,

Wow, what a table! I think I need my sunglasses...

Love the coins, masks, and boas, and the basket "treasure chest." I've been to New Orleans, but never to Mardi Gras. It must have been a great time.

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Frou, This table is fabulous!! The Sari was a great find and is perfect as the tablecloth. I love all of the gems spilling out of the treasure chest. The dishes are super and I love the chain beads accenting them. Using amber and green stemware was brilliant. The masks, beads and boas make me feel like I'm in New Orleans and part of the revelry.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks girls. OA, the large chain beads were a hostess gift last year, we have a large Mardi Gras party every other year. CC, most of Louisiana has parades the two weeks leading up to Fat Tuesday. We don't go to New Orleans, it would be a little too wild for us these days. We go to north Louisiana, where we are originally from, they have really great parades and it's just a little wild. It's been fun, but the fasting begins tomorrow.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Concerning the group picture: What great gals!

I want to be part of your group the next time you go.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Let the Good Times Roll! definitely love everything...& the pic is the icing!

The purple sari is beautiful! Everything is just glittery & gold! Looks very frou, frou! Love the dishes, the beads, & the green glassware (touche!) ...& the overflowing basket is PERFECT! Also your pics certainly are WONDERFUL ... creating the "gold" tones! Love 'em! TFS & happy to hear you had a great time! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Beautiful Frou! LOVE all of your decorations...glad you had such a great time! Especially love the beads with the masks on them....VERY COOL!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I DITTO what all the others said! That centerpiece is just stunning. And what a buy on the sari. I can't get over you tailgaiting in the parking lot of a GW (and Big Lots).
    LOL. Now that's some good planning!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions