Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Forget Me Not

maximavswife
12 years ago

I did up a table in my dads memory. It's Springy and fun. The J & G Meakin plates cost only $1.00 each at the thrift store!

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Forget Me Not Tablescape

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

A table full of memories...love it, MM! Love the 'beer mug'...made me smile! & all the lil' birds singing ...you have a pretty collection & adding your Dad's birdhouse & flowers sure makes this t'scape 'special!' Special memories for a special lady! TFS, kathe. Jeanne S.

Ohhh...I think the 'Forget-me-not' plates are beautiful & bargain $$$! You've chosen some very lovely colors & textures in your place settings!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What a nice rememberance of your Dad. Loved the use of the beer mug in his honor. Nice that you enjoy birds also and will keep his collection. Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathe...what a lovely table you set in your father's memory. Yes, I think he'd be real pleased and proud
    to be sitting at your table - enjoying a 'cold one' - and surrounded by his favorite things.
    The Forget-me-not plates are so pretty and couldn't be more perfect. Seeing his birdhouse and all the 'happy looking' birds made me smile!
    Thank you for sharing your memories of your Dad with us.
    They were very touching.

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, this is a table that will hold fond memories of your DD forever. So glad you found the Forget Me Not plates to go with your DD's birdhouses and birds.

Love that you placed a beer mug for DD at his setting. We all have our likes and dislikes.LOL So many pretty birdhouses and little birds for this table.

So glad you are able to share with us some of the beautiful memories of DD.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You had me smiling thru tears...I know your Dad would have loved this table. I think its wonderful to honor him this way.
    The Forget Me Not plates really made it extra special, and of course, your Dad's beer mug.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Kathe,
    Left a comment on your blog. I really like how the table setting was filled with such sentiment. Especially like how you tossed the "matching thing" out the window and gave your Dad a beer mug.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kath Your Forget me not table is a wonderful tribute to your Dad.
    His Bird Houses are so bright and cheerful.
    They made me smile.
    Using his beer mug was brilliant!
    TFS this special table.
    Nana

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

A lovely tribute to your dad with the beautiful crocheted doily/table topper(would love to get those colors in that variegated yarn?thread- don't think they make it like that any more) Your dad had a sense of humor as the birdhouse with the bird & sun on it is so cute & other 1 so cheerful. Glad he could think of happier things even when he was in pain. Your Forget-me-not plates & the variety of sweet birds would have welcomed him to dine with you! So sorry for your loss. Glad you thought to do such a nice table in his memory, do take some photos of it & frame a good one to keep on a desk or somewhere where you can see it often. Jan

• neesie
    12 years ago

This table inspired by your Dad made me smile.

Sponsored
More Discussions