Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Flake Off!! Snowman Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I put together a Snowman Table and placed my snowman on a sled to give him a "send off" message to "flake off."

We are supposed to get another snowstorm next week and March is the snowiest month in CO, so I decided to send a subliminal message to Mr. Snowman to be on his merry way, LOL.

I found the dishes, goblets, napkins, centerpiece, snowball candles, and tablecloth at thrift stores. The silverware was my birthday gift.

Ironically, the snowman bowls were the first set I found last spring, 2010. Each bowl has a different snowman from the group around the plate rim. Then the salad plates and dinner plates were from 2 other thrift stores later last year. The goblets were from ARC before Christmas and I found the burgundy chargers for .49 ea at GW last month. The large Snowman centerpiece was from ARC fall 2009, and the green sled was also a TS find a couple of years ago.

The snowflakes large and small were from Big Lots.

Slide right on out of town Mr. Snowman!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

So chillingly (is that a word?) beautiful Candy! I love the snowman and his sled! If we do get the snow next week that we are predicting I hope it's a big one! Get it done and over with :) I bought myself the same flatware after Christmas with a gift card but have yet to use them. They are perfect with your plates!

Kath

• yachter123
    13 years ago

That centerpiece snowman is just adorable & really eye catching on the table. Your whole table is sooooo cute!
    Hope Mr. Snowman gets the message, I know I'm ready for spring!!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

That's amazing - how you got the place settings, I mean. I probably would have skipped over the bowls and then kicked myself when I came across the dinner and salad plates. And then you found the perfect burgundy chargers. Just too cool! And what is it with the goblets? The planets were certainly in alignment for all of those things to come together. You must live a good, clean life. That would never happen to me.

I like Frosty's little sled too.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Cute table Candy...I love your centerpiece..he's just perfect for all your dishes and glassware. I like the accent color you chose, and your tablecloth is lovely.
    I bought the same dinner plates (4) at GW last summer, and never used them...forgot I even had them!
    Hope that snowstorm passes you by.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Your winter Flake Off table is GREAT. Lovely dishes, and Snowman. The whole setting is so pretty!

I wish I could send you our temps and you could play golf and enjoy short-sleeve weather. Here's my backyard, so maybe you can at least "Think Green".

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

What a great way to send off/wish away winter! Love the whole setting...great plates and the snowman centerpiece is just as cute as he can be!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, love your flake off table. Such a pretty table setting with your snowman dishes, glasses, snowflakes and adorable snowman/sled cp. Your new BD flatware goes so well with your dishes and I really like those snowball candles.

Hope the storm isn't to bad if it hits next week. We still have alittle snow left and more on it's way too. Our temps are in the 30-40's days and 20's at night so this is great compared to what we've had.

Jane, bring out the matching plates and play!

Karen, your outside pics look so warm and inviting. Your green grass is beutiful! DD is trying to talk us into buying a place in AZ and this is almost enough to send me home shopping for DH with his RA.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, This table is a delight! It is amazing that you were able to find all the elements at different times. Even though it is a snowman theme, it is warm and inviting. I LOVE your Candy shot!!!
    Karen, Your back yard looks like an Oasis, Most of the snow has melted here and my yard is brown and yucky.
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk...I think I'll wait till next winter to 'Play In The Snow'! I was just at the store yesterday and bought some Easter/Spring things...There's NO turning back to winter for me now! lol...We're starting to actually see some grass outside...which brings me to 'Karen's Post'...

Karen...stop flaunting your beautiful yard -Sunshine & Green Grass...after this harsh winter, I've almost forgotten what that's like...lol

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

candy...I have seen these plates also on my shopping sprees...I'm happy to see them put on a table...this is just so pretty (for SNOW ...I'm choking on that word...esp after seeing PM's yard!)

You've chosen the perfect t'cloth for this t'scape & then adding the burglandy accents! Very lovely! And those snowflakes, both sizes, love 'em! I have one of your "big guys" in the centerpc, too...the paint has peeled & flaked over the yrs but I use him on the porch anyway...your guy is a cutie!

Sorry to hear about your snowstorm coming...mostly because you (or your weatherman, probably) sends it my way! LOL! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

Oh boy, can you imagine if punk & purplemoon both live in AZ...there's not going to be nothin' left in the TS's! Cause I know you visit there, too, candy!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kath, I love the flatware, it goes with so many different colors. Isn't it funny we both bought the same ones!!

Yachter, I'm ready for spring, but because I had all the pieces, I really wanted to use them yet this winter! They don't match any of my other Christmas decor, so they didn't get used then and I have been setting other tables and decided it was now or never.

OA, I have had good luck at the TS's, but not so lucky on the golf course, still waiting for that hole in one!! LOL

Jane, I did pass up the bowls at first, but when I went back and they were still there, I decided they were supposed to come home with me. Then when I found the rest of the pieces, the table just started coming together. You might find more of the pieces for next winter! I also have a large platter that matches, but it didn't fit on the table.
    I hope the snow keeps on going, but March is when we get most of our snow around here.

Karen, your yard is gorgeous! I'll be right down! Tried to play golf today, but it was only in the 40's and had a chilly breeze, so not as much fun as when its in the 80's! LOL

Marlene, I fell in love with that big snowman as soon as I saw him! He was one of the times I paid full price instead of waiting to see if he would be there on a 1/2 price day.

Punk, I have 3 of the snowball candles, lg. med. and small, so I could actually stack them into a snowman if I wanted.

Nana, Not only did I find them at 4 different stores and 4 different times, but each time they had the 4 pieces! 4 bowls, 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 goblets. What are the odds??

Jeanne, now the weatherpeople are saying they don't really know how bad it is going to be. Will know more by Monday! Around here the weather forecasts are kind of like that Indian weather rock, if its white, its snowing, if its wet, its raining,.... LOL Also, my visits to AZ are in the north and the only TS I found there wasn't much to write home about!!

Jane, the dining room table is set for St. Patrick's Day. I'll post those pix later. So I'm not totally stuck in winter, LOL.

Glad you all enjoyed the table. I really liked the ice blue with the burgundy.

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy...I can't believe you already have another table
    'Ready To Go' for St Pat's Day!
    Whatever you and Punk are on .. You Need To Share It With The Rest Of Us.. !
    Many of us here feel the two of you have earned the title of 'Holiday's Original' - Energizer Bunnies..
    jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, I really like the use of those burgandy chargers with your pretty snowman plates! And the plates and goblets are just so cute--I love snowmen with their cute little faces. I was totally amazed at your story about how you had accumulated all the matching pieces to your dishes--I agree with OA, that would never happen to me! LOL Thanks for some pretty winter fun.

Karen, my yard is green but not as lush looking as yours--got any yard tips for me???? LOL

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I love those plates. What a pretty table. I hope we don't get anymore snow. I put away anything that resembled a winter decoration, hoping for Spring! This was a harsh winter.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions