Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Holiday Candles

kirkus
12 years ago

I always love looking at your WONDERFUL holiday ideas. My dear friend Karen (Purplemoon) introduced me to this page long ago. :o)

Just had to share a sweet find. My wife has been helping her Mother sort through 60+ some years living in the same home. They recently found these wonderful, vintage candles in a box that hadn't been open since the 1960's. My wife remembers the candles as a little girl. Many of them say "10 Cents" on the bottom of the candles. I LOVE the turkeys...soooo beautifully painted! Even the corncob is a candle. My mother-in-law gave us these treasures as she knows we like to decorate for the holidays...love decorating with family treasures. :o) Had to share!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (9)

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Those are so sweet, and in wonderful condition!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh my...I remember candles like that!
    I agree, they are so sweet and in great condition.
    How nice of your DMIL to give them to you.
    Now your children can enjoy and remember them too
    with fond memories.
    Thanks for a nice 'trip down memory lane' !! lol

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kirk, so glad you shared these candles with us. All of them will be so fun to decorate for the holidays with. Sounds like there could be more fun things coming your way. Sixty + years gives one alot of time to save.LOL

We still have so many of my parents things we need to go through. They had only lived in the same home 40 + years. Hopefully we will all get together this summer. I'm having a hard time waiting but will be fun when it happens.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I remember candles like that too, Kirk. I had the pilgrims to go with your Indians. So many wonderful memories there.
    TFS
    Nana

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Thanks for showing us, Kirk.
    They are in great shape.
    I had some of the Christmas ones in the
    1950s. I don't remember seeing the
    Thanksgiving ones tho'.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ahhhhh...yes, sweet memories ... gee, does the 60's sound so long ago! Yup, guess so! LOL @ punk's comment about her parents living same house 40+ yrs (ummmm,been there, done that...still doing!) LOL! Kirk, TFS these candles! What fun! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What cute candles, and in such great condition. Your MIL obviously thought they were special to have packed them away so well all these years. How nice that your family will now get to decorate with them and make more memories. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

They look brand new! Obviously your MIL takes care of her things well. I know Carol is going to find many treasures as she helps clear out their home. I'm glad you posted these finds here.

You've been finding your own treasures meanwhile at thrift shops! I really would love living in your "little Mayberry town", it always sounds so delightful.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

As I said on Facebook, I can't believe they've survived this long and look brand new! What a great treasure to find in the closet. Very cute...all of them.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions