Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Jeepers Creepers, check out those PEEPS

christmascandy
13 years ago

With a nod to our own Kath and Frou Frou from another board, here is my collection of apothecary jars filled with peeps and silk tulips.

Fortunately, I am trying to stay away from sugar right now, so they are safe for the time being. LOL

The octagonal jar, cylinder vase, and tulips are from Dollar Tree. The other jar and the pink glass candleholder it is sitting on are TS treasures.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (17)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Now who knew Peeps could be so pretty! ;o)
    Way to go, Candyland.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I love the peeps & the color combos ...butt...
    "are those chicks 'moonin' in the jar on the pink glass candleholder????" LOL! Cute, candy! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, thanks, I like those colors together.

Jeanne, No butts about it, because of the shape of the container, their breasts are the prominant part and their tails are pointing into the center. No moons here, LOL

Thanks,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL, Jeanne.

Candy, have you seen the plush Peeps out this year? I saw them on eBay and then the CVS drugstore here had them. The chicks look cute in the box photo here, but when you take them out, they look deformed. LOL. So I just bought the bunnies, from eBay as they were cheaper and I got free shipping on them.

{{gwi:1417215}}

Just what I didn't need...MORE bunnies, and MORE Easter decos. I'm so hopeless.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, those are really cute! I had not seen them, but that is probably because they aren't in the thrift stores yet, LOL.

You need more bunnies like I need more dishes, and yet, we keep on keeping on! I guess we're either committed to our collections, or we need to be "committed." Grins

TTFN,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, your version of the peeps and bunnies jars are very colorful and neat. They are so sugary sweet to eat--decorating with them is a better idea I think. Luvs

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Too cute! I like your tulip toppings. What is it about peeps that we all like for decorating? They bring out the silliness in all of us? My high school students were talking today about how they like to put them in the microwave and watch them turn into monsters! And my 50 something cousin, who is normally so classy, loves to eat them!

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

I love your version, Candy. Mixing the colors is cool.
    NanaK

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Candy, I live your decorations. The colors are so pretty and springy. Marylee

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, these are so pretty. Love the tulips in the center.

Karen, you would be the one to find new Plush Peeps! How adorable...

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Candy, your peepers are cute as a bug and Karen, I have not seen those. I doubt that I would be able to pass them up either.
    Frou

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

So fun and colorful Candy! I know my DH is waiting, impatiently, until the day after Easter when he can start eating my peeps decor :)

Kath

• SCawley
    13 years ago

I am so stealing this idea to put in our middle school office. The wellness policy says no candy for treats, but it it doesn't say we can't looking at them. With all the winter we keep getting, a few peeps will cheer the place up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Susan, Peeps will definitely cheer your office, but you might need to glue the lids on. LOL.
    Welcome to our gang by the way.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very cute! And I love the plush peeps too!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Very SWEET! :)

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the "sweet" comments.

Hmmmm, I wonder if they would make good S'mores??
    Maybe with white chocolate and vanilla wafers?

I might have to try it after Easter.

TTFN,
    Candy