Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Meet Flannigan, Hannigan, O'Reilly and Rourke

oldalgebra
12 years ago

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

We're having a small dinner party this Friday. Couldn't let all the Leprechaun Making go to waste.

Here's a preview.

There's more pictures here.

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, it was a pleasure meeting Flannigan, Hannigan, O'Reilly and Rourke. And the rest of the wee folk from old County Cork. What a cute poem to go with this table.

You really took setting a table to a higher lever with this one. Fabulous gold dishes you got with your wishes. Love the orange flowers and napkins to match the leprechauns beards.

Your poem had me smiling the whole way through. Those little guys are darling and so busy celebrating.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OA, I believe this is a 'tall tale!' I am enamored with your humorous storytelling verse! Can tell you've had lots of fun creating this table to enjoy w/friends & here on the Holiday forum, too! I just love, love the centerpc you created w/those stems on your table! & your lil' Leprechauns seem to have a wee bit of wisdom w/their lust for enjoying life w/croquet, checkers & brew! They are just the cutest wee lil' ones that you have created!

Love how you used the pop of orange for color to play off the wee ones' beards! And the gold & green are beautiful in the placesettings...texture of the dinner plates & the gold-rimmed glassware...flatware, too! So lovely.

Menu sounds divine! Certainly a treasure for St. Patrick's Day! TFS, OA! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

OMGosh, this table is beautiful and the tale is delightful. I think I was smiling ear to ear. I agree with Jeanne about the orange...WOW.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, I like the orange napkins too, but you all know I like COLOR.
    Honestly, I'm not sure people aren't just being nice when they say, "It pops."
    I have the funny feeling they really mean, "It explodes!". I had the most difficult time photographing the table. I must have taken 200 pictures. The oranges were glaring - I mean REALLY on-fire-orange. I tried to use Photoshop, but all I could manage was to either get the oranges subdued and the green washed out to the point of looking beige, or leave the blinding orange color so the greens were a nice hue. It was one or the other.
    Still, as you might image, I had a blast posing the little devils.

A very nice women posted a comment on my blog that began,
    "When I first saw the orange, I actually turned my stereo down . . ."
    I honestly thought the end of that sentence was going to say something like
    . . .because the orange was so loud it was competing with the music." Honestly, that did flash through my mind.

I'm so glad I can count on my forum friends. You gals are always so nice.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

OA, All of your hard work setting and photographing it paid off.
    This table is BEAUTIFUL, DELIGHTFUL and UNIQUE.
    I think the green swirled dishes are perfect.
    And the gold rimmed stemware and plates are lovely.

Flannigan, Hannigan, O'Reilly, and Rourke look like they are having a great time!!
    It's nice they came out of hiding for your party.

What time is Dinner?
    Nana

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I forgot to say that I think the orange napkins and flowers jut perfect on this table, it wouldn't be the same without them.
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What a great table! Your leprechauns are just adorable! Love your gold rimmed plates and your Bells or Ireland look so real! Great job and I hope your dinner party goes perfectly!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love those little guys you made. What an elegant yet fun table! And your rainbow cake looks fantastic. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! Hope you have a wonderful time at your dinner. Luvs

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I forgot to mention that 'rainbow cake'.. & w/your GD's help, too! Wow! Fantastic! Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    12 years ago

OA, it's a great table (love the colors) and it sounds like a neat dinner party. Hope you have a blast!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

OA, Just tooo darn cute. I love that your little lepracans are playing crocette(SP, that doesn't look right, but I"m to brain dead to figure it out) You always come up with the cutest ideas. Love your blog too, Hugs & prayers, Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Absolutely - Stunning - Elegant and downright Hilarious!
    By the time you read this, you probably downed several pints and gave many Irish Toasts!
    Great table - great colors - ea place setting is beautiful and I love all the cute little fellas. Such a fun menu
    and that rainbow cake looks heavenly!
    Hope you had a great dinner party.
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Pleasure meeting all your wee folk! The accompanying story was quite clever, no surprise there!

Please send me a piece of that rainbow cake ASAP! My mouth is watering just looking at it.

I'll bet your party was super and a grand time was had by all, both the wee folk and the big folk!

Your table is awesome.
    TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions