Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Going Through Some Tough Times, Too

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I don't want to distract or take away from Yachter's post, but thought I'd at at least let you know that, although I haven't been posting lately, I have been back occasionally to read posts and soothe my heart. Lately, I've been experiencing another group of sad events. My parents, now in their early 80's have been having some health issues and I was down in the Tampa area with them for a week recently. While there, a good friend's one day old daughter passed on unexpectedly, which shook everybody up a lot. And, a very dear and close friend was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which is an extremely bad sort to have. All's well with myself, DH, DS and DD, though, so I'm counting my blessings where I can.

Please know that, like Yachter, reading your posts and seeing your wonderful creations is a joy I cherish.

Lynn

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynn, I've been thinking about you lately and was thinking something must be going on in your life since you & sis wasn't posting as much. So sorry to hear all of this sad news.

Losing a child is very hard and so unexpected always. Pancreatic cancer is a tough one and your friend will need your support for sure. Hope your parents get their health issues taken care of soon. Nice that you could spend some time with them.

I'll send hugs and prayers your way and please know that it's ok to lean on a shoulder when you need one! We care and are always hear to listen. Glad to hear you, DH and kids are ok. One can only handle so much at one time.

Punk

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

T & P's coming your way!!
    Sorry to hear about the trials your family and friends have been going through. What a tragic loss to lose a tiny baby, it is just heart-wrenching! Cancer of any kind is awful, but pancreatic is one of the worst!
    Glad you are still around even though you don't have the time to post.

May God bless you and yours,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Gee Lynn...just like Punk..after
    reading Yachter's post..you came to mind and I was wondering about you too.
    I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and the stress you're going through worrying about your parents.
    Like Yachter, it's good that you come here (even for a short time)..to hopefully free your mind and relieve some stress. This place is amazing because there's always someone 'on guard' to listen and offer support whenever needed.
    I'm happy that all is well with DH and your children..Keep in mind to take care of you too.
    Prayers and hugs to you and your family.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Hi Lynn, it's good to see you posting even if it is with a sad heart. It seems the older we get, the more illness and sadness we hear about doesn't it?

Are your parents going to be needing additional care soon? I hope they are not having major health problems.

So sad about the newborn baby, such grief and disappointment for the parents after all the months of waiting for the new addition to the family.

And the big C word--takes so many lives often much too early. Will there ever be better ways for early detection? I want those wands like they used on Star Trek--find the problem and fix it, simple as that! Don't we wish?

Glad your immediate family are doing okay--bet your weather is nicer now too, maybe time to just head out for a walk and some fresh air to think it all through.

Hugs and prayers.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Lynn, I am so sorry for all the sadness you're dealing with. The loss of the newborn baby brings me to tears,
    and the poor parents must be devastated.
    Cancer is such a horrible disease and I pray for the day when it stop winning so many battles. Luvs said it best.

Please take care, and I'll keep you in prayers for brighter days and happiness around you.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I think we can all relate to the elderly parents, we all have to go through it, and it isn't easy!
    So much sadness everywhere, prayers for you!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Hugs to you and prayers for your family as well......
    (((((Lynne))))))
    Blessings,
    J

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Just a note, lynn...miss you & want to send "Hugs" to you & your family...some cruddy stuff in life...will keep you in good thought & prayer. Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Although it's been another stressful couple of months, I can't complain as I'm not the one dealing personally with either of those terrible tragedies; I'm just there for my friends that are, and mourning with them both.
    As for my parents, like so many of you here have or are still, I'm now stressing about my parents needing care and family . . . but refusing to admit it. Both are in their early-80's and insist on keeping their winter home north of Tampa, which is where they are now. Up until last year, Mom was a little bundle of energy, looking and acting much younger than her age. But, recent knee problems have now caused back and hip problems, which in turn keeps her from exercising, which in turn has caused her to become much weaker and she's in pain a lot. She can't even get her own shoes and socks on anymore. And Dad is in no shape to help her much, having major heart and balance issues himself. They're a pair, all right! They've, thankfully got great doctors and they're well off financially, so money isn't a problem, but they don't want outside help coming to their house to help them and the closest family is my sister in Atlanta,
    I know they hate to lose their independence or feel like a burden to any of us but we, their children, know it's just a matter of time until one of them falls and hurts themselves badly.
    Their summer home is in Michigan, which is where 6 of my siblings and their families live . . . but it's 2 hours north of everyone on a lake!
    I was down in Florida with them a couple of weeks ago, helping them do some major cleaning, yard work, etc. and tried to talk them into moving near family, either to Michigan where my one sis is an RN, or near us, where DH can take care of their health issues and I can do the rest. But, they tell me "Thanks, Hon, but maybe in a couple of years"! My sis (the RN) flies down there tomorrow for a week and maybe she can talk them into it. My brother and his wife may fly down in April. If not, my parents will be back in Michigan in early June and perhaps the rest of the family there can convince them. In the mean time, we all just worry and fret ;^D
    Geezelouise, I hope that I don't do this to my kids someday! Anyhoo, thanks for letting me vent a bit.
    Lynn

Sponsored
More Discussions