Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Felt Leprechauns

oldalgebra
12 years ago

I'm getting ready to start putting

my tablescape together for

Kathleen's St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl.

Made a bunch of these

little men to decorate the table.

Directions are here.

Comments (9)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Those are so cute!! They are very similar to some Christmas elves my Mom and I made back when I was little!!Huge Flashback!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with using these little cuties.
    Also, big apology for not giving you credit for the inspiration for my Leap Frog Table. Yours was fabulous and I was too busy feeling sorry for myself to give credit where it was due.
    Thanks for all of your creative ideas and input. We sure are glad you are back!!!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, will have to check out the instructions for these little cuties. They are darling. Be sure and post when your table is set. Your so creative. I remember how cute your leprechaun cp was on your last table.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

OA...these are so cute!
    I read your step by step instructions and all I can say is 'WOW' you have some patience to create so many!

I love that they each take on a character of their own from all the details you added to them.
    Cute project.

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, sweet! They remind me of lil German ornaments @ Christmas! (here's a pic of one I got as a gift this yr) You have the patience of Job, OA! Lookin' forward to seeing your t'scape! Very cute! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My table should be done soon. I'm just looking for the right flowers.

Creek,
    Stop that right now! Honestly, I don't have a single thought that wasn't inspired (read: stolen) from somewhere else. (In fact, I give a link to the place where I saw a frog pond table before I did mine. ) Remember, the reason for this forum is to share ideas. It's very flattering if someone is able to come away with something they nice enough to use in their own creation. So, don't stress.

Yes, everyone, you have to be patient to make a little colony of the dolls. But, you see, as a child, when I saw the ones my father made (for a Teacher's Tea, I think), I was memorized! Those little things came to life before my eyes and I've never forgotten it. So you see, for me, it was more than just making a few dolls for a tablescape.

It took about a week of work to make all the leprechauns. I did a lot of whip stitching in front of the TV. Last year I bought all the materials, but waited too long before I got the energy to start and there wasn't enough time to do it right. So this year, armed with the material and the patterns I created last year, I went ahead with the idea. They're sort of sweet, don't you think?

Jeanne, I love those ornaments. I have some too! The block that yours is sitting on has that "a la Luvs" feel to it.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Those little guys are adorable! Thanks for the tutorial too! Love their faces.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

They are adorable, Denise! You are so crafty!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What sweet little leprechauns! Can hardly wait to see them all on your tablescape. How neat that you remembered the ones your Dad made and were inspired to make some too.

Jeanne, love your little German doll too, and your blocks look great too. I've found that storing the blocks can get a bit "heavy" if you put too many in one box! LOL

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

OA, You have a lot of patience to make those CUTE little Leprechauns. Can't wait to see them on your table!

Jeanne those German ornaments are darling.
    TFS
    Nana

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions