Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

On the Spring Side Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

Our company went to Virginia City so I reset the table yesterday for dinner last night. Used dishes I've shown before but don't think I've ever mixed these colors before.

I bought the little chair candle holder at Ross on sale for .70 and the gold candle holder is one my DF gave me. The lillies and fairies are from DP. I used some purple Easter grass and the birds for a spring look in the dessert cups. Tablerunner was a YS find I just found when cleaning for company. I had hung it in the closet with all my tc and runners so I wouldn't loose it again.

Served Shrimp Scampi, garlic toast, fresh green beans and homemade German Choc. cake. This was my first attempt at Alfredo sauce and it's something I always eat at Olive Garden but never made it myself. Can thank company for trying this new recipe. In fact we tried several new recipes. Have posole in the freezer we made.

After I got home from work today, I dug out all the Easter and played some. I'll show that in another post. Love company but sure cuts into my play time.

Hope your ready for a new color on my table. I really want a purple tc and napkins but never think to check out the material when I have time and have never seen any at ys or shops.

Punk

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh punk, this is quite beautiful & so Springy! I love the lavenders & purples ...the stacked placesettings are lovely & the placemts, too. Your cute little (soapstone?) birds look right at home nested down in the pretty dessert dishes (or whatever they're called). I have 2 of those birds (for many yrs now).

Love how you mixed the glassware...such pretty pcs ... & also the centerpc just made me smile. Lovely table, punk! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

well, you know how I feel about purple....LOL.
    Its a beautiful setting, really says SPRING. The centerpiece is especially pretty. (hey, did a couple of Fairies escape my Fairy Garden and come visit you?)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

This is just so pretty...I love the colors you mixed together.
    Your CP, layered dishes and your glassware are all lovely. The idea of the little birdie in the compote is sweet and I love the littel fairies too.
    I can see your 'creative juices' were flowing on this one! I think you were 'itching to play' and do a table as soon as your guests left. Nice job on everything.
    Try to get some rest too...hehehe

jane

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, What a beautiful table!! So elegant and delicate looking. I love how different dishes can look when the accessories are changed. The little birds look so cute resting in the compotes. Your stemware is lovely I especially like the purple. Do you think those little fairies will fly over to my house? What does DP stand for? Your dinner sounds wonderful, sorry I missed it lol. I'll be back to look at this table again and again.
    NanaK

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I've collected three of these birds and will be on the lookout for at least one more while ys this summer. I had planned to paint them but have never taken the time. I'm glad the cp made you smile.

PM, one should keep an eye on those fairies. They don't have wings for Nothing! I do know how you feel about purple! Hope to see your beautiful purple dish set you bought again some time.hint hint

Jane, You know me to well! I loved being able to set a new table for them to see. It's so fun to hear the comments on my tables.

I had planned on setting my table yesterday but didn't take the time. I played with Easter decorations instead. Mostly whimsy, but it was fun. Will try to get some pictures posted today.

Nana, DP is Dollar Plus and these fairies were just $1 ea. It's hard to keep these fairies under control so you never know where they will end up! Wish you could of joined us for dinner. Wanna come over and we'll reset the table and make dinner together?

Thanks for the comments on this table. Glad I shot a few pictures to share. Wish I would of taken some with food but that never seems to happen around here.

I'll try to get my table set today. Don't have a clue what I will put on it so I'll put on my thinking cap and see what happens.(I know, that could be scary) The sun is shining here so no promises.LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, I'm on my way...see ya later LOL.
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I love this one, Punk. It's just so soft and pretty. Love the addition of the little fairies and the candlelight--gives it that magical feeling. Love the soft lavender color of the flowers and bow, and those little birds nested in the dessert dishes are darling. Is it okay if I tell you I'm green with envy over those pretty sculpted plates--have you shown us those before. Love them. Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nana, we love company! When can we expect you?LOL

Luvs, thanks for your sweet comments. The sculpted plates were part of my BDay gift last year. I set a table with them last fall and shared. Glad you like them.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Such a pretty spring table! LOVE the lavenders and purples that you used....very inviting!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It is lovely! I love those purple stems!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marlene, thanks for your comments. The table is no longer set but if you ever get this way, I'd set another one for you! Glad you enjoyed this Spring table.

Kathleen, the stems were part of my Christmas gift from family last year. Thanks for your comments.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Punk, the purple is so Springy. All of your dishes work really well and the Lily centerpiece is stunning. I bought some DT fairies as well, not sure where they are going yet. My favorite thing is the birds nesting in the purple Easter grass, just precious. I know your guests are enjoying all your hard work, it's beautiful.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Punk, this is such a lovely table. The colors are so pretty together and I have several of those little fairies. They were in my garden last year, and are just waiting for summer to come so they can play out there again!

That centerpiece is gorgeous. The pearls really add a nice touch.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Frou and Candy, thanks so much for all your comments. Sounds like alot of us are into fairies. The pearls were one of my Christmas strings I used on this table.

Punk

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions