Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

St. Pat's Leprechaun Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

Here is the dining room table with St. Pats decor.

The white chargers, green rimmed dinner plates, green rimmed salad plates, green bowls, green B & B plates, and green goblets are all TS finds. The green stemmed wine glasses are some I have had for probably 25 years. The gold chargers are Big Lots, and the gold placemats are so old I don't remember. All the leprechauns are TS. The black pot is an old Halloween Trick or Treat bucket with gold paper and gold covered chocolate coins. The large shamrock mugs are TS filled with DT carnations and shamrocks.

The b-day flatware appears again, LOL.

The Celtic Cross is from HL and one I have used as front porch decor.

The green table runners and napkins are DT.

Couldn't get a candyshot of the whole table so did one end.

I'm actually part Irish, so had to acknowledge the heritage.

Erin Go Bragh,

Candy

Comments (13)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Another outstanding tablescape, I love the green dishes especially the sherberts. Your Celtic cross is something I haven't seen on St. Patrick tables posted here, it's wonderful. Your napkin folds are very creative and a great extra touch. I've been looking for leprechauns for quite some time and none have turned up. I'm part Irish too, your gonna shame me into doing a table yet.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, awesome gold and green St Paddys table. So many cute little leprechauns. The gold place mats are so pretty and I love the octagon shape.

All your dishes are nicely layered and the salad plates with all the colors just top this setting off. The sherberts, stems and bright green plates are so pretty. Loved seeing another table to enjoy.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I love everything about this table, using the Celtic cross is the perfect addition. The green and gold rimmed salad plates pull everything together. I like the green runner and napkins they are so pretty, and the flatware is perfect. The gold chargers and place mats are terrific. You were lucky to find those cute leprechauns to go with the pot of gold. I've been looking for one to complete my St. Patrick's table.
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found another leprechaun at the TS today. He matches the one to the right of the picture in the CP. This one has a squeeze box (little accordian) instead of the pot of shamrocks. I also found a package of shamrock confetti in my sewing room that I forgot I had so I will be scattering that on the white tablecloth. I wonder what else I have that I've forgotten?

I would like to find some more of those little B & B plates, they are such a pretty green.

Frou, thanks, you still have plenty of time to do a table.

Punk, can you believe I had 12 of the octagon placemats and found 4 more that matched at a TS? That should hold me for the holidays unless, I really have a mob show up, LOL.

Nana, I have not found a lot of leprechauns, but when I saw the one today that matched the one I already had, I had to buy him!!

Glad you enjoyed the table.

TTFN,
    Candy

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Candy,
    Very sharp looking table. Very sharp! Your dishes are beautiful. Hard to believe they're all TS finds. You're masterful at snooping out great deals.

I am especially loving the cross. What a great focal point.
    It's as though you just crank 'em out so fast, and they look super.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Beautiful table again Candy!
    Love the striking look of the dark greens - white and gold. That cross is a beautiful statement piece.
    I remember Betty having one just like it that she used for her Thanksgiving table..and how impresssed I was with it..
    just like yours.

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Ooohhh...I missed this post earlier. What a beautiful table! Love the Celtic cross and the lovely "greens" you've used. The gold rimmed dishes are so elegant too...and your centerpiece is great too! TFS!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Love the "green" pillar candles & tapers! And all the linens you've chosen are so very "rich" looking! You definitely are the Queen of TS'ing, candy! I love seeing all your finds!!!

The stacked placesettings are so beautiful, too...love that richness of gold & green! And, your Celtic cross is great as part of your centerpc. Looks very STPaddy...& a top of the morning to ya! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is the photo with my new leprechaun on the right of the picture.

Here is the table with the confetti added.

OA, I REALLY liked that cross when I found it several years ago. It seemed to fit with a Saint Patrick's theme.

Jane, thank you. I really love that color of green. It used to be a predominant color in my home decor, but that is changing as it isn't really in vogue anymore.

Marlene, Thank you, I have jazzed it up now with the shamrock confetti.

TTFN,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your new leprechaun [he could be the twin to the other one] and confetti are great additions to an already wonderful table.
    TFS
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Nana, I was excited to find the new leprechaun as he did look just like the other one! What are the odds? They came from different TS's in 2 different years.

TTFN,
    Candy

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy,

I love the dark green runners and the "cauldron" filled with gold (don't we wish!) And I've always loved that flatware. How wonderful that you found all those lovely green plates and glasses that look SO GOOD together at thrift stores! A great mix of the elegant and the whimsical...And I love the leprechaun picture in the centerpiece.

- Magpie

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Magpie, That leprechaun picture is a postcard advertising the new Mark Roberts fairy. It was such a cute picture, that I decided to frame it. I do that a lot, frame postcards, greeting cards, Christmas cards, calendar shots, et cetera. I put some green ribbon around the edge and then put it in a frame that I bought at a TS for that particular picture. I am a true TS-aholic!

Thanks,
    Candy