Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

The Beginning of ....

creekdweller
12 years ago

Spring!!!!

I bought a crocheted name and framed it from a lady, and that got me to get my needles out, except, I don't know really how to do anything. I have made an attempt of eggs.

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: Crocheted Eggs

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Look like pretty fancy eggs, creek! Like how you added the ribbons! Nice work! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Those look so cute!! I can't imagine how you did them. Now I'm older, I wish I'd listened to my two grandmothers when they wanted to teach me. Hope you make more stuff to share with us.
    hugs, Karen
    PS
    (I have the cutest (light) purple crocheted Whippet a friend made me years ago, she found a pattern for greyhounds/whippets on eBay. Its totally silly looking and I love it.)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Your eggs are so CUTE, Creek
    I crocheted some 12 or 15 yrs ago.
    They aren't nearly as nice as yours.
    The ribbons are the perfect touch.
    Wait a cotton pickin minute.
    Is that bunny going to sit on those eggs until they Hatch???

Come to think of it I didn't see mine when I got my Easter things out,hmmm.
    Thanks for sharing, Creek
    Nana

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Really good job on the eggs! They came out great. I agree -- the ribbons w/ them are especially pretty.

The link is to your album so I saw the photo of the white xmas tree with layered colors of bulbs... it's AWESOME!!!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Creek, wonderful job on your crocheted eggs. I have never seen any before. Is this something you came up with?

Punk

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Those are very nice. I sure wish I knew how to crochet. I have a collection of different kinds of Easter eggs: wooden eggs, plain blown eggs, Batik (?) eggs, twine eggs, etc. No crocheted ones though. I'll have to keep my eye out for one.

• creekdweller
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone..If you could see them up close you may not think they were so pretty. LOL My Mama taught me to crochet when I was a teenager. But, I never learned to read a pattern.

I had a lady make me mine and my husbands last name, they are Beautiful.. And she had several things I liked. So, it got me to get Mama's needles or mine out and try my luck.

No, I did not have a pattern, and each one are different because I do not follow a pattern.

I know the lady that makes these and if anyone wants the info I will be glad to give it to you. And she is quick and she ships anywhere.

I don't know if that is a female rabbit that is so frustrated with so many eggs or a male that got left at home while the Mother went shopping. But, it has it's head down under the grass.

Creek

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I'm always envious of people who can crochet. I've always wanted to learn, but never could get the hang of it...my teachers were right handed and I am left handed. And now my hands have too much arthritis in them. Love your eggs...very cute!

Sponsored
More Discussions