Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

St. Pat's Vignettes

yachter123
13 years ago

Decided to do a few St. Pat's vignettes to keep my mind occupied & keep my sanity!

Being Irish, I had to do them & maybe St. Pat will bring our family some good luck. We could use it!

I decorated around my current decor on my mantle.

Tea set & some Irish plaques with sayings on them, each candle has a different saying. Tea set is from Home Goods several years ago, I've used it for Easter & spring before.

Lastly, the corner of my kitchen counter, adjacent to the diningroom. The little guy & the Irish runner were both from garage sales last summer, had to hold on to them to use them. Folded the runner since I was not doing a tablescape this year.

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

yacheter...I was lookin' up some Irish quotes for St. Patrick's day & liked this one:

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.(Adrienne Cook)

That's what your "green apples, tea serving dishes & potted flowers & little figurines" brought to mind for me! And that smilin' little guy w/the orange beard....CUTE! That corner of your kitchen counter is always a fav of mine! TFS! & hope your days will get better for you & family. Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I'd say my favorite of your St. Patrick vignettes is the one in the kitchen. But my most favorite piece is that darling tea pot. It's such a cutie.

For some reason, I'm not "feeling green" yet, but I want to join in Kathleen's St. Patrick Party, so I'd best get on with it. I'm so glad you posted this. It helps to put me in the mood.

Love the Pot of Gold candy dish too.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wishing you a rainbow
    For sunlight after showers�
    Miles and miles of Irish smiles
    For golden happy hours�
    Shamrocks at your doorway
    For luck and laughter too,
    And a host of friends that never ends
    Each day your whole life through!

yachter...very Festive looking vignettes...
    Cute display on your mantel with the little figures and the plates. I like the way you wove the shamrock garland around everything. The vignette with the tea set is very inviting and was a nice find ..love the little leprechaun
    nestled inside your plant - maybe he's hiding a 'Pot O Gold' to bring you some Luck!!
    The one on your counter gave me a chuckle..love his expression 'eyeing' those apples!

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, all your St Pat's decor looks great. Sweet couple and neat POG Plate. Your grape candle is so pretty. I really like your coffee table decorations with the tray and candles. I don't remember your Tea set but it's wonderful.

Counter vignette looks great with the apples, runner and leprechaun. I like your dish and the way you put together the dome part. I've started my table and will get back to it soon. I need to get my taxes ready for the accountant first!LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very cute! Love the couple on the mantle. Your green apples are a perfect accent on your counter too. That's a cute little pot o gold plate, and I love all the Irish sayings. I've put out a few things too, but don't really have any new things that I didn't have last year. Enjoy your decor, and I'm hoping your luck will get better and better this year. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Yatcher, I love your Vignettes. The tea set is adorable.
    The green apple and leprechaun display is perfect on your counter. May the coming of spring bring the "Luck of the Irish" to you and your family.
    NanaK

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update, my son recieved a "care" package from a very caring friend, from his highschool years, who happens to be in contact with him almost daily & knows the struggles our family has been facing.

He & his wife sent a gift for everyone in our family, the grandkids, my son, my DH & me.

They sent me a beautiful white candle (how did they know I'm a candle nut?) and I was so thrilled, as I had wanted to put one in my counter display & just didn't seem to have one that really fit perfectly!

The candle is a soy candle from a place in Alabama where they live called Fairhope Soy Candle Co. The scent is Creme Brulee and is just wonderful, and can't believe this, I AM allergic to all flower scented candles but totally can enjoy any food scented candles. This one has a sweet, buttery scent that makes your mouth water! YUM

God does work in mysterious ways, sure helped my spirits yesterday, to realize there are still so many caring & loving people in this crazy world. Thank you Miranda & Brian.

Here is a picture of my vignette with the beautiful candle.

• mkaycranford_bellsouth_net
    13 years ago

Hi Mom Walker, :)
    You are so welcome. We love your family! Your decor is so pretty. I love candles too. They told me as it melts you can dip your finger in the wax and rub on your hands as a lotion. Believing for some miracles...all things are possible. Stay in touch with us. Love, Miranda

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very nice St. Patrick's decorations! Love them all!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Wonderful St. Pat's decor. I really like all of your little plaques with their sayings.

What a thoughtful gift your friends sent and how interesting that you can use the melted candle as lotion!

Since I love tea and teapots, I really like your set.
    I found some tea on clearance at the store,
    Candy Cane Lane, so of course I had to buy it!! LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, so happy to hear you have such caring friends. Hope things start looking up for you and your family soon.

Miranda, nice of you to send a gift and come here and post. You are a true Blessing and I hope your Right about Miracles. Sounds like they are needed. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Yachter..looks like that new candle was meant to be for you - and that vignette of yours! Sounds yummy too.
    Miranda & her family seem like wonderful people who are looking out for 'other' wonderful people...like you and yours!! What a blessing for their support, to help you through.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yacht is was wonderful to see you'd done some ST Paddy's decorating! And "Irish Eyes" were certainly smiling on you with such caring friends to brighten your day!

I especially love your little teaset vignette. That is so delightful.

I'm Irish too, so guess I better learn from you...decorate for St Patricks, and BELIEVE in the magic and luck!
    hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Looks, great! Very cheerful!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions
More Discussions