Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

OT: Need T & P's

christmascandy
10 years ago

DH's 39 yr old DD (my stepDD of 14 yrs) took her own l I f e yesterday. She had struggled for decades with Al*co*hol addi*ction and tried other methods.
This time she was successful.

Please send up your T & P's for our family.

Thanks for your support,
Candy

Comments (25)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Oh Candy....how terrible.
    I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your DD.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you - and your DH.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

I'm terribly sorry, Candy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

My prayers are for you and your family.
    I'm so sorry to hear this.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Candy, I'm so sorry to hear this. It is so tragic.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Nana

• marylee_2010
    10 years ago

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Am sending thoughts and prayers. Marylee

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, this is sooo SAD. Sharing your sorrow
    and sending my love to you and yours. Will be
    sending extra hugs and prayers your way.

Punk

• Brynn_ND
    10 years ago

I am so sorry. Sending prayers for your family.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

To your grieving husband & you & family & friends, I am sending hugs & prayers for the days ahead...such sadness & diseases cannot even be understood by those who love someone. May she find peace in God's arms. ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    9 years ago

Candy, My heart breaks for you and your family. My first DH took his own life in 1988, so I know a little of the pain you are going through. I will keep you in tender thoughts and prayers. One of our deacons from church and I are trying to get a awarness/support group started and have been working feavorishly trying to get others interested for the past couple of months. A little 13 yr old girl in our community hanged herself right before Christmas, and needless to say it hit us pretty hard. Our little county in God's beautiful mountains unfortnately has the highest sucide rate in the state, and we want to raise awareness that depression is a disease just as much as heart disease or cancer, and the suffering is just as real. May God wrap you and your family in His love and help you find your way through this tragic loss. Hugs and love to a very special friend, Janet

• kathleen_li
    9 years ago

How very sad! My prayers for your family.
    I so agree with Janet. People just don't understand.

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

I am so very sorry about this Candy. How sad for all of you. Will be praying for all of you.

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Oh, Candy, How sad! So sorry to hear this news! My thought and prayers are with you and Family as you go though this tough time. (((HUGS)))) To You Dear Friend!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody.

We are still in CA. It took over a week to get the body released, and now we are waiting for the ashes. It is very regulated here in CA and once we got the body, we were told it would be another 7-10 days to get the ashes.

We have cleaned out her apartment and cleaned her apartment. DH is now dealing with paperwork.

It will probably be this coming Monday before we can gather everyone for a sunset ceremony on the beach.
    We had the actual service last Wednesday, but will have the family for the sunset ceremony.

Her addic*tion was so extreme, that this was only one of many times that she had attempted this, only this time she succeeded.

You are all so special and it means a great deal to have your support.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Candy, I am so sorry! I do not know how you feel as I have never had to experience this kind of death. My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family! ((HUGS))) To You! Sending my Love as Well! Take Care Dear Friend!

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Hugs to you, dear friend & your hubby & family. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Thinking of you with much love, Candy.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

Continued prayers for you and your family Candy. So very sorry for all that you are going through.

Hugs,
    Marlene

• janet1_2007
    9 years ago

Candy, your family have been in my thoughts and prayers daily. and will continue to be. May God help you all to get through this. You are such a special friend! Janet

• maximavswife
    9 years ago

My dear friend Candy, I am just now seeing this. I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family during this painful and difficult time.

Kath

• emeraldisle624
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We are finally home.
    I just want to say how very much I appreciate your support!!
    This is just the greatest bunch of friends and your sentiments are more helpful than you can possibly realize.

We held the family ceremony on the beach just outside the apartment where she lived. It was sunset as the beach and sunset were 2 of her favorite things.

Her 16 yr. old son and her ex-husband who still loved her very much, but couldn't handle her lifestyle each took some ashes out on the ocean on their surfboards. They sprinkled the ashes, did a ceremonial splash goodbye, and just then a pod? of dolphins swam by. It was a beautiful sunset, and a very meaningful time for the family.

My DH is handling it very well. He will celebrate 30 yrs of sobriety this July and as a recovering alcoholic, understands the devastation of the disease.

Sara's life was so chaotic because of ;her drug and alcohol addiction and we know she is now at peace and the rest of the family can move on knowing her/our drama is over.

I sincerely thank you all for keeping us in your prayers.

We can start to heal, and your support is a huge part of that process.

Hugs to you all,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Candy, hope you and DH are dealing with this as best as
    you can. Such a trying time for all involved. Loved reading
    the part about her DH and son with the dolphins. Sounds
    like the sunset memorial was a special way to celebrate her
    life here on earth.

Nice to see an update from you. We miss you and will be
    waiting to hear more from you. Take Care and God Bless
    all of you.

Love, Punk

• blizlady
    9 years ago

Candy, my heart is just breaking for your DH and you, along with the rest of the family. My son took is own life 4 years ago 4/19/10 and words cannot describe how devastating the loss of a child is, and in addition to the tragic way she died. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Once again Candy...I'm so sorry for your loss and for
    all the anguish everyone experienced, including your Step Daughter..
    As I read about the beautiful ceremony held for her on the beach ,I thought that yes, she is at peace, and hopefully with time, all of you will find peace also.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

Candy, that was such a lovely....and special with dolphins...ceremony. I'm so glad your family that as a final goodbye.

Blizlady, I can only say I'm so very sorry for your own tragic loss. That can of pain is unimaginable.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz
More Discussions