Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

St. Patrick's Day Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I had fun doing this table. I hope you enjoy it.

OA and I found these same green plates at DT.

We have great taste.

The pretty little dishes with the shamrock border are from an Irish specialty shop.

The plates and cups and saucers with the ivy border and the green sherbets are from a TS.

The little green hats I used for Napkin rings are from Party City.

I used the tea pot for a CP because it reminds me of an Irish Cottage.

I found the Leprechauns hiding [really they were] at Big Lots, and the dancing Lads and Lassies came from CTS last year.

From 2012-03-05 (by Eye-Fi)

May Your Neighbors Respect You

Trouble Neglect You

The Angels protect You

And Heaven Accept You

TFL

Nana

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh boy, I guess you did have fun & it certainly shows, nana! Your St. Paddy's Day t'scape is dancing a jig!!!

Your stacked placesettings have so many pretty dishes & go so well tog for this holiday...love the Ivy & gold, the shamrock edgings & those swirly DT dinner plates! And topped with those green sherbets...perfect!

Love your 'little people' & that teapot makes a wonderful centerpc for St. Paddy's Day! Your 1st pic make me realize I had my knife facing the wrong way in my Rooster Spring t'scape! Ahhh, darn... I learned from something Kathleen said in one of her 'scapes!

The linens you chose work so well...the white bkgrd & the table runners & very pretty napkins w/top hats! Well, the Leprechauns must be dancing away at your home! Love it all! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Nana.."I found the Leprechauns hiding [really they were] at Big Lots"....you had me laughing at this one. I could just picture you hunting them down and catching them, and smiling all the way home.

What an absolutely enchanting table! Like Jeanne said, the teapot is wonderful for a centerpiece. I have those green sherberts, in two sizes. They were my grandmother's!! They were made by Anchor Hocking many, MANY years ago.

Love your whole table, sure wish I hadn't missed out on getting THAT decorating gene. LOL. Thank goodness y'all
    show me great stuff with yours.

hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    12 years ago

I really like every layer of plates and the green sherbets and they all go together perfectly. I LOVE the sparkly hats and coins with it all. Very nice table!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, beautiful St Patrick's Day ts. Lovely job layering your sweet dishes. I'm going to keep looking and hope I get lucky one day and find some shamrock plates.lol Shamrock goblets too, that's sweet. I have so many sherbets but your gr ones are so pretty.

I need a CTS as I love your dancing Lads and Lassies! Glad you found those little Leprechauns that were hiding. They are cute. Your tea pot is a great idea for your cp and so neat. Linnens, gr flatware, hats and coins all add to this wonderful table.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You all for your nice comments.
    Jeanne, I have always wanted to have my knives facing the other way.
    I had a hard time getting used to having the blades facing the plates.
    Karen, the leprechauns REALLY were hiding.
    I didn't get them the first time I saw them at Big Lots.
    When I went back all of the St. Patrick's stuff that was left had been put on a small display shelf.
    The leprechauns were on the bottom shelf behind other things.
    I like your vision of me hunting them down and catching them.
    I coulda smiled all the way home, cuz these two guys were the only ones left and they are different YAY!
    thanks again every one.
    Nana

• idrive
    12 years ago

That is too cute. You give me great ideas!

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Nana,
    I love that "style" of leprechaun. Sort of has a carved look, if I'm seeing correctly.

Those compotes are very pretty. I always love using something like that - even though it means I'll have yet another thing to wash at the end of the dinner.

I like how you criss-crossed the green runners. Kathleen does that too sometimes. Every time I see it done, I say, "That looks so good. Why don't I ever think of doing that?"

I'm glad you turned the blades toward the plate - otherwise, my mother would not be resting easy in her grave.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area
More Discussions