Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Irish Spring Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I set this table before St. Patrick's Day, but it really was not a St. Pat's table. I did use soft greens and golds.

I found this Johnson Brothers Friendly Village pitcher for $5 at GdWl and the gold beaded placemat for .37c!

I found the large gold plates at ARC, Espana by Tabletops Unlimited for $1.25 ea, the soft green plates were $1 ea, and the small Pfaltzgraf salad plates at Gdwl, .42c each. They reminded me of a Celtic Knot, even though they're not, pun intended. The flatware was on clearance at Ross, Hampton Rosalyn pattern, $4.50 after senior discount. The goblets were all TS finds as are the napkins and tablecloth. The lace edge on the napkins seemed appropriate also.

Happy Spring,

Candy

Comments (11)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I just paid $11 a piece for two sets of salt and pepper shakers and you got an entire table setting for the same amount of money. I'm going into my room to sulk.

I'm back. I've settled down.
    Love this table. You're right about the Celtic Knot plates. I actually thought that's what they were intended to represent before you made the pun. And the pitcher looks like it could be part of the Irish countryside.

Like the use of amber and green stemware mixed together. This may not have been a St. Patty's tablescape, but it sure has that feeling. Nice job!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh this table is just so 'soft' and 'countryside' pretty...love the color of green you used & each placesetting is so warm & inviting. Wonderful finds on all the plates & esp the pitcher! Love the greenery you used in it & also that cute lil' lantern.

Linens are so soft lookin'''& the lace on the napkins...perfect! Stemware colors are lovely. Oh, a pretty, pretty table, candy...you do this t'scaping so well! (& at bargain $$$) TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, This table is so pretty, soft and delicate.
    Perfect for St Patrick's Day or any day in Spring.
    The design on the salad plates remind me of Celtic Knots also.
    I love the Johnson Brothers pitcher it adds to the feel of the Irish countryside.
    Using the gold plates, chargers and goblets accent the soft green beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing this lovely table.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely.. all just lovely.
    You are definitely the 'Queen' of finds!
    I like the pretty combination of colors you chose for your linens - plates - stems and the pop of gold chargers.
    This table, like Nana said - is great for St. Pat's Day or any day in Spring.
    BTW...I'm in shock over the price you
    paid for your Johnson Brothers pitcher!

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Very pretty tablescape, Candy. Those beaded placemats sell new for $9 to $12 each, so great find and you put it to good use. The pitcher is so pretty as are your salad plates, celtic knot or not! LOL Love those goblets too.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OA, My table decor may have been less expensive than your S & P's, but yours were brand new and mine are recycled. Plus, I am at the mercy of whatever I find and yours were for a specific theme, which is extremely clever BTW.

Jeanne, thanks for the compliment. I couldn't afford to do tablescapes if it weren't for TS's! But thanks to senior discounts and 50% off days, it makes it an affordable diversion.

Nana, Thanks, I also thought the colors were pretty together.

Jane, I checked the prices of the pitcher on Ebay and I paid about 1/4 to 1/3 of what they were asking for it there. Score!!

Luvs, I almost didn't buy the pitcher, but decided it was a pretty good buy. I don't seem to have a problem talking myself into buying something, LOL.

Thanks again everyone.
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, ditto to what the others said. Nice soft colors and love the sparkling golds. Great buy on the Johnson Brothers pitcher. So pretty.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

LOVE the salad plates...can't believe they were only 42 cents! What a bargain. Your whole table is lovely. The pastels and golds are very inviting.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, I have a few Johnson Brothers pieces, so decided I needed the pitcher. LOL

Marlene, except for the flatware, every single other item on this table is from thrift stores.
    If it wasn't for TS's I wouldn't be able to afford all the pieces I use, since we don't have CTS's out here. : (

Thanks again everybody,
    Candy

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Love your pastels for spring!

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

This is lovely, Candy, the salad plates are so pretty!
    The pitcher is great, I have never seen one like that.
    Your thrift store finds are better than CTS. You are getting quality and it is not all made in China. The thrift stores here are no bargain. Very pricey!

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions
More Discussions