Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

St. Patrick's Mantel and Tree

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Here are some pictures of my mantel and tree. I added the ceramic Irish Village.

Phineas and Desmond are there. They found some gold pieces, and are on the search for more.

King Brian heard a commotion and dragged his pot of gold to the tree. I'm sure he will move it to his secret location under cover of Darkness.

Phin and Des better not get distracted, because I'm sure HIMSELF will try to get back the pieces what he lost.

LOL

TFLOOKIN

Nana

From 2012-03-07 (by Eye-Fi)

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL, nana! Phin & Des are sure quite the characters ...but I'm with you...they better watch out for King Brian! Oh, this is sweet St. Paddy's decor! Your Irish village is so cute...here's to you, this Irish blessing:

May you alway walk in sunshine.
    May you never want for more.
    May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.

TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, fun decor and story for St Paddy's! Lovely village and such cute characters you have displayed. Looks like you have some beautiful ornaments on your tree too.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a delightful story to share with your St Paddy decor. I love it! Those two "characters" look like they will get into PLENTY of mischief. LOL.

Every time I see twig 'trees' decorated for holidays, I tell myself I HAVE to do that! My friend here told me come over and go thru some old manzanita branches she has that might work for me to use.
    So why do I keep procrastinating??? (probably for the same reason my St Paddy decor is still packed. I don't even know what I have since I haven't seen it for TWO years)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Karen...I saw my 1st pic of a Manzanita tree on Flea Market Gardening from Sue L's garden in CA...it was beautiful! You better go get some branches (right now!) ...oh, it may be a wee bit too early in the morn right now) LOL! They were be awesome for a container tree like nana's! (reminds me of Curly Willow, a bit).

do you know where you stored your St. Paddy's 2 yrs ago? If so, maybe you can create some 'green envy' here on the forum & do your part of 'Enablers' R' Us (which you do so well!) LOL!

nana...look what you started! ;-) Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Well, those two gents look like they can create a lot of mischief. Love the names you picked out (oh, I mean, the names they had before you captured them).

I'd love to see a closer look at the village.

You've put me in a very St. Patrick's Day mood.

Karen, go get those branches. They're protected here in California and you can't get them unless they've fallen. I dropped my twig tree last spring and haven't gotten around to getting a new one. Now I'm inspired.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana, you have some very impressive St. Paddy's decorations.
    I'm eyeing that shillelagh over your mantel.
    Are some of your decorations passed down from family?

Love the expressions on the faces of Phin & Des and
    the cute 'Irish Tale' about them!
    Adorable tree display - with a lovely
    collection of ornaments. It would be nice to see them close up .
    As always, I enjoyed looking.

jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone.
    Jeanne, thank you for the Irish blessing. I'm including it in St. Patrick's cards send out.
    My DH brought the shillelagh back from Ireland.
    I have to keep my eye on the wee folk every minute! [Oh the stories I could tell!!]
    I used to have more green and white ornaments but I can't find them...I'm blaming Phin and Des.
    I got the blanks for them at a ceramics shop, and my son painted them.
    I think he got the devilish expressions in their eyes just right.
    I painted the village.
    Thanks again to all my enablers here.

From 2012-03-08 (by Eye-Fi)
    From 2012-03-08 (by Eye-Fi)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh now...that is just wa-aaay CUTE! Nice painting, nana! TFS! Jeanne S (& good memories to share!)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

LOVE, LOVE the Village!
    ;o)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!
More Discussions