Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Outdside Easter Decorations

excessfroufrou
14 years ago

Here are my outside Easter decorations. My daffodils( spelled wrong in my other post) look so Springy, but it has been really cold here the past few days. My mother always said to except cold snaps at least till Easter. I bought those so called "Pink" LED lights at Christmas, but they were too gawdy and purpleish, so I saved them for Easter. DH still doesn't like them, he says it looks like a _ _ _ _ _ house decorated for Easter. Oh well, I think purple looks like Easter and I don't think he is going to let me use them on the camper.

Syble

Comments (8)

• jaybird
    14 years ago

LOL...DH's have a hard time understanding! I think it look just pretty cute!
    DGS and I put up a string of lights on our porch over the weekend. They have round bulbs with bugs and butterflies painted on them...DH wanted to know why we "put the Christmas lights back up". :^)

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Syble I think your decorations are very cute! That's a nice area you have to decorate for each season. I don't decorate outdoors for Spring/Easter altho maybe should think about it. The other day I finally removed the gold pinecones (Christmas decor!!!) from my urns but left the white curly willow and moss so could just add eggs!

BTW, from someone who has been married for 44 years - just ignore the DH comments unless he's a professional designer! Most men have little clue about decor especially when it's pastel colored. My DH likes purple so maybe he'd like that that but he doesn't like pink. Doesn't stop me tho - he likes me so puts up with it! Decor changes so quickly around here he doesn't have long to wait for another color! ;-D

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Those eggs sure look big! Cute arrangement. How neat that the greenery and your lights go around the area where you have the bunny. No Easter here until after St. Pat's is over! Luvs

• milosmom_gw
    14 years ago

LOL.. poor DH, they just don't know much about these things sometimes.
    I looove the little bunny in the wreath with the purple lights around it. So cute!
    The bunnies around the flowers are adorable.
    You've done a splendid job!!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Boy, what a great area to decorate! And seeing PURPLE lights and all those bunnies....I'm coming over... after you go to bed! LOL.
    I can't believe those giant eggs, how cool. But those 2 little white bunnies looking up are probably thinking where the heck is the bird that LAID those things!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Syble, your decorations are wonderful and I enjoyed seeing them. Still enough time to get me motivated. I love the way you displayed your eggs. All your bunnies and lights look great. Cute Happy Easter sign too.

What's there not to love about your lights? Maybe if DH looks at your display long enough it'll grow on him. He seems to play well with you so lets hope. Thanks so much for sharing your outside display. Made me smile.

Punk

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Ahhh, froufrou, the Easter bunny will be able to find our house!...you've lit the way! Purple is good! TFS your "cutesy" bunnies & decor! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karen, when I looked at the pics on the computer I noticed that bunny looking up at the giant eggs too, he does look astounded. I have had those eggs for years and wish I could find some more. DH may comment on things, but he's always on board with my ideas. And your right Punk, after 33 years we do play well together. As a matter of fact we had a blast just yesterday with our first golf outing of the year, I love Spring.
    Syble

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions