kathleen_li
13 years ago

This was Thursday's TTH entry.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shamrock Table

Comments (14)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lovely table..very cheery and crisp looking.
    That Shamrock Plant is amazing and makes a perfect CP.
    You have collected quite a few lovely Irish things and it shows in your tables.
    Don't know when your BD is or was..so
    Happy Birthday - early or belated!

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Just beautiful...all of your dinnerware and accessories! Love the little figurines too!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, beautiful table as always. Lucky you with your new Shamrook dishes from DF. They are so neat. Your shamrock bowls and napkins are pretty with them.

I like your cp with clover, BB and the pretty shamrook basket you added them to. I've had these plants before and know what you mean about they way they grow. The Irish dancers are darling. I have gr wht matching material but used my tc from last year on my table.LOL

All your food looks wonderful. You put so much into your blog and I always enjoy looking. So glad you still post on here for all of us to enjoy.

I loved your Shamrock dishes you bought last year and it was nice to see them again. You are the luckest person I know when it comes to finding fantastic deals on dishes! So happy you found these new dishes at a steal! Can hardly wait to see them on one of your tables.

I too want to wish you a Happy BDay.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much Jane, Marlene and Punk. I appreciate your kind words!
    My birthday is Monday, and thanks for the birthday wishes!
    That's is why I have a lot of ⣠things. Everyone always gave me something Irish related as I am Irish and bday right before St. Patrick's Day!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday.
    Love the shamrock dishes and all the additional shamrock decor.
    Another wonderful table.
    Hope you are all recovered healthwise!
    I am also part Irish, but don't have nearly as many Irish decorations as you.

Erin Go Bragh!

Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I knew this would happen when I opened your link...
    its 1 a.m. here and you've made me hungry! sigh.

Your table is just lovely. And this shade of green is always one of my favorite colors.
    wish I was there, or you were here would be even better.
    LOL.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Candy and Karen. I guess the symbol for shamrock doesn't work on Garden Web! They need to update.

Karen, I would be honored to have you here to sit and chat, and of course eat! We could swap wonderful dad stories. Mine died when I was young, but the memories are vivid.

And I would force you to eat dessert!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Finally had a chance to take in your lovely St. Patty's tablescape. Those bowls go so great with the napkins! It all looks festive and fun. I checked out the pork chop recipe too, sounds easy enough--reminds me of something we used to do with pork cutlets I think. Now I'm hungry. ;o)

Luvs

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Kathleen, I usually sneak peak your tables on Thursday & this week was no exception. I love the little lass statue, looks like she's dancing the jig & the striped tablecloth. You have so many striped & checkered accessories, don't know why but I just love your use of stripes & checks that you use for many tables.

I am always on the outlook for those items at garage sales, maybe this year I will find some!

You have alot of Irish decor, but as you explained much of it is birthday gifts!

By the way an early "Happy Irish Birthday"!! I actually dated a guy in highschool that was VERY Irish on both sides of his family & he was born on March 17th by choice, his mom had to have a C-section, how's that for IRISH!!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Another very cool St.Pat's table, and I expected no less. The lady figurine is adorable. The gold with the green is very elegant looking. I love green and really need to get a St.Patrick's one done.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    I've left a comment on your blog. You did your heritage proud.
    OA

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen, Another lovely table. You do the Irish proud [me included]. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

How you create "pure eloquence" with such seemly ease is beyond me, kathleen! This St.P table is just another prime example of your skill.

Your Shamrock centerpc w/Baby's Breath is beautiful...when I am able to be out & about again, I am lookin' for this plant...love how you used the basket/linens.

Placesettings of G&W/shamrocks/napkins are very festive! all the linens you've chosen are wonderful for this Irish celebration! Love the "stripes" & "quilted" tog! And your new Shamrock plates from your friend are quite the topper! TFS, kathleen. Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, J! Very sweet of you.
    I do grow gypsophilia, baby's breath, but it won't bloom till June. That is if it made it through this brutal winter.