Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'When the Rooster Crows at the Break of Dawn...' (pic heavy)

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 13:49

Remember that song, When the rooster crows at the break of dawn, Look out your window, I'll be gone...

Well, I've been singing that in my head all week!
So this is my Spring Rooster table cause when I look out the window, Winter is gone! (well, most of the snow/ice anyway).

It began w/a new Rooster t'cloth & napkins that I got at Kohl's on a 80% clearance right before Christmas & also that I was cleaning the porch:

Rooster TS Place Setting B3.12

Using my 'everyday' dishes again that you know I couponed & bought on sale last yr ....Sonoma American Heritage...here's the other place setting: navy blue napkins for placemats, red flatware from TJMaxx & jelly jar glasses:

Rooster TS PlaceSetting A3.12

..."When the rooster crows at the break of dawn"...
Rooster TS full Table B 3.12

..."look out your window & I'll be gone"...
Rooster TS Rooster & Hen View 3.12

You're the reason I'm traveling on...
Don't think twice, it's alright
Rooster TS CloseUp A3.12

Here's the 'caged hen' watching over everything:

Rooster TS Caged Hen 3.12

Candlelight on this table inspired by punk's t'scapes:

Rooster TS Full Table A3.12

Rooster TS Centerpc B3.12

TFLookin' @ my Rooster Spring t'scape! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'When the Rooster Crows at the Break of Dawn...' (pic heavy)

Its delightful, Jeanne. I love rooosters, and your table is just begging for breakfast to be served. The tablecloth is really neat! The hen in her wire cloche is so darn cute!

hugs, Karen

o

Agree with everything Karen said. What a happy way to start the morning! Luvs

o

Jeanne, just lovin' this Rooster table! What a steal on the tc and napkins. You know we all love your Sonoma American Heritage Dinnerware. It's beutiful with your new linnens and red flatware. Love how you placed the rooster napkins in the bowls.

Super cute cp w/birdhouse, rooster, basket of eggs and LIT candles. They do look good girlfriend. Love seeing your 'caged hen' watching from above.

Beautiful Rooster table. I've never heard your song but I'm sure others will relate to it. You really should set more tables.LOL

Punk

o

Jeanne, Wonderful table!
Everything goes together so well.
The tablecloth and napkins look like they were made for your Sonoma dishes.
I like how you folded the napkins in the bowls too.
Mrs. Hen Looks proud of all the eggs she produced.
And the Rooster thinks he's Cock of the Walk. LOL
Nana

o

Thanks, Holiday-ers, for your comments! It was fun to have some 'Spring' on the porch ...instead of the snowmen/ladies! I should have ironed the t'cloth but got in too much of a hurry that day...did iron the napkins! ;-)

Bob Dylan sang that song, "Don't Think Twice It's Alright." punk...link is below ...from mid 60's ...you were probably a baby, uh! LOL! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Dylan Don't Think Twice

o

Hey Jeanne, thanks for the link. Your comment 'you were probably a baby' has me laughing. Your so fun. Now I best head to bed. Goodnight!

Punk

o

Somehou missed this post. But I'm here now!
To begin with, I hear Peter, Paul, and Mary when the song plays in my head. I have that one in my iTunes stash. I have Dylan's too. (Did he write it?)

I think I sort of remember when you got those dishes. I was jealous back then and am STILL jealous. They are classics. I'm a red freak, so they'd fit right in at my house. If they're still available, I might have to pick up four pacesetting (like I need MORE dishes!).

Love the caged hen. Actually, I love the "cage" and the hen as stand-alone items as well.

I'd surely be there at the Bread of Dawn - I actually like breakfast more than lunch or dinner, but my most favorite meal is Breakfast for Dinner.

I'll sign off now. Good-bye is too good a word, gal, so I'll just say fare-thee-well.

o

This is so funny! I just went to the cupboard. I have 4 plates!

o

LOL, OA! Thanks! & Fare-thee-well back at ya! Jeanne S.
(ok, punk, you ever hear ' Mary Chapin Carpenter.' Tee hee!

Thanks for your sweet comments, Holiday-ers! Jeanne s.

o

Well, Cock-a-doodle-do! LOVE your tablecloth and napkins Jeanne! Your dishes and flatware match perfectly! Such a pretty table..so inviting! And I really like your caged hen and the cloche she's in...gotta find one of those. I'm hungry for a big 'ol breakfast now! TFS~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here