Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

'When the Rooster Crows at the Break of Dawn...' (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Remember that song, When the rooster crows at the break of dawn, Look out your window, I'll be gone...

Well, I've been singing that in my head all week!

So this is my Spring Rooster table cause when I look out the window, Winter is gone! (well, most of the snow/ice anyway).

It began w/a new Rooster t'cloth & napkins that I got at Kohl's on a 80% clearance right before Christmas & also that I was cleaning the porch:

Using my 'everyday' dishes again that you know I couponed & bought on sale last yr ....Sonoma American Heritage...here's the other place setting: navy blue napkins for placemats, red flatware from TJMaxx & jelly jar glasses:

..."When the rooster crows at the break of dawn"...

..."look out your window & I'll be gone"...

You're the reason I'm traveling on...

Don't think twice, it's alright...

Here's the 'caged hen' watching over everything:

Candlelight on this table inspired by punk's t'scapes:

TFLookin' @ my Rooster Spring t'scape! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Its delightful, Jeanne. I love rooosters, and your table is just begging for breakfast to be served. The tablecloth is really neat! The hen in her wire cloche is so darn cute!

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Agree with everything Karen said. What a happy way to start the morning! Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, just lovin' this Rooster table! What a steal on the tc and napkins. You know we all love your Sonoma American Heritage Dinnerware. It's beutiful with your new linnens and red flatware. Love how you placed the rooster napkins in the bowls.

Super cute cp w/birdhouse, rooster, basket of eggs and LIT candles. They do look good girlfriend. Love seeing your 'caged hen' watching from above.

Beautiful Rooster table. I've never heard your song but I'm sure others will relate to it. You really should set more tables.LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Wonderful table!
    Everything goes together so well.
    The tablecloth and napkins look like they were made for your Sonoma dishes.
    I like how you folded the napkins in the bowls too.
    Mrs. Hen Looks proud of all the eggs she produced.
    And the Rooster thinks he's Cock of the Walk. LOL
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers, for your comments! It was fun to have some 'Spring' on the porch ...instead of the snowmen/ladies! I should have ironed the t'cloth but got in too much of a hurry that day...did iron the napkins! ;-)

Bob Dylan sang that song, "Don't Think Twice It's Alright." punk...link is below ...from mid 60's ...you were probably a baby, uh! LOL! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Dylan Don't Think Twice

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Hey Jeanne, thanks for the link. Your comment 'you were probably a baby' has me laughing. Your so fun. Now I best head to bed. Goodnight!

Punk

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Somehou missed this post. But I'm here now!
    To begin with, I hear Peter, Paul, and Mary when the song plays in my head. I have that one in my iTunes stash. I have Dylan's too. (Did he write it?)

I think I sort of remember when you got those dishes. I was jealous back then and am STILL jealous. They are classics. I'm a red freak, so they'd fit right in at my house. If they're still available, I might have to pick up four pacesetting (like I need MORE dishes!).

Love the caged hen. Actually, I love the "cage" and the hen as stand-alone items as well.

I'd surely be there at the Bread of Dawn - I actually like breakfast more than lunch or dinner, but my most favorite meal is Breakfast for Dinner.

I'll sign off now. Good-bye is too good a word, gal, so I'll just say fare-thee-well.

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

This is so funny! I just went to the cupboard. I have 4 plates!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL, OA! Thanks! & Fare-thee-well back at ya! Jeanne S.
    (ok, punk, you ever hear ' Mary Chapin Carpenter.' Tee hee!

Thanks for your sweet comments, Holiday-ers! Jeanne s.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, Cock-a-doodle-do! LOVE your tablecloth and napkins Jeanne! Your dishes and flatware match perfectly! Such a pretty table..so inviting! And I really like your caged hen and the cloche she's in...gotta find one of those. I'm hungry for a big 'ol breakfast now! TFS~

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert
More Discussions