Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Easter Front Porch Decor

christmascandy
13 years ago

The front porch has changed to Easter now.

The wreath was TS. I added the bird nest as I read that adding a nest with eggs may deter actual birds from trying to nest there. I'll let you know if it works.

These are the bunnies in the corner of the porch. The resin bunnies are yrs old, and the large painted cloth bunnies are HL after holiday clearance several yrs ago. The large flowers were HL 90% off last yr and the blue metal vase was a TS find.

The pink bunny on the right side was a TS find last yr. as were the plastic eggs.

The garage carriage lights get nylon Easter baskets and floral wreaths, all TS.

The pink bunny:

The purple bunny:

I remove the bottom of the nylon basket, clip the wire in the back at the bottom, and whip stitch the nylon to the wire where I removed the bottom, then just slip over the carriage light, and hang the wreath on the light arm.

Finally, the large terra cotta pot on the sidewalk gets a TS bunny with a TS egg, DT floral, and a flat egg on a stick from Big Lots many yrs ago.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I think you need one of those signs that says "Bunny Crossing". LOL.
    I love your front door wreath, its really pretty. And of course I'm again amazed at what neat things you find treasure shopping! You should see the 'wreaths' at my GW.
    Yuck. Most aren't even salvagable. sigh.

Everything looks like Easter has sprung at your house!
    hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It looks very pretty! I could have snowmen out there it is still so cold. Unseasonably so for the end of March. In the teens last night.

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Oh my the EB has made such a lovely appearance at your home! Yes please, let us know if the nest in the wreath works! I can't put up a wreath or put up my hanging planters on the front porch until after Memorial Day due to birds making nests! I'd love to see what the nylon baskets look like at night on your carriage lights!

Kath

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Looks great, Candy.
    We can't do much outside here. It's too cold and windy. It's supposed to be unseasonably cold through next week too. Oh well...(big sigh]...I guess I'll just have to keep coming back to look at your wonderful decorations.
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very pretty decorations Candy.
    Love the bunnies by the side of your door and the cute ones over your Garage Lamps.
    I think your front door wreath is beautiful - I love the purple ribbon and the purple flowers with the green leaves. I can't believe it was a TS find..it looks like it's in perfect condition. I've got to keep your tip in mind about a bird's nest on the porch. Every year at the end of March, the birds start making nests at the top of all our porch posts...
    It's nice watching Mother Nature..but what a mess afterwards!

jane

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Those light covers are just too cute, but that wreath on the door is my favorite!

Pat

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I am just lovin' those big bunnies in the corner on the front porch along w/those big painted flowers & the blue metal vase filled with cheery flowers, too! What a cute vignette ...& the white bunnies in the foreground, too!

Ahhh, Spring certainly looks like it's found your house! Love everything! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your front porch is so welcoming and cheery. I love those big flowers, I wish I made it to HL more often. Those light covers on the garage are to smart, I love the little bird's nest on the wreath. It's all very pretty.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, love seeing all your decorations for the different Holidays. Your front porch is so inviting. Wish I lived across the street from you so I could enjoy seeing all the decorations every night after work.

So many cute bunnies at your house. Love the pretty wreaths you have used. Will that last little bunny stay looking nice being outside? It's pretty to cute to have out there in the rain. Do you fill your plastic egg so it doens't blow away? I add water to mine and then drain after Easter.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Candy, I love all your decorations. They are beautiful. Really enjoyed looking at them..Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Just so fun and fantastic, Candy. You really go all out for the holidays and I love it! Those bunny covers for your side lights on the garage are just too clever, can't believe you thought to do that. When I saw your pretty porch vignette with those big wooden flowers, I thought, I could make some of those! That means I really liked them and am adding that idea to my "way too long, will never get done" list. LOL Your wreath is beautiful, the ones at TS here look so pathetic and prices are too high to even make them worth redoing! Bet the neighbors, especially the kids, just love going by your house and seeing all your cute decorations. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, they don't look like that when I find them. I always have to do some rearranging and fluffing. But I don't pay that much, I think that one was $1.99, so I don't mind redoing them. This one just needed some rearranging and the bow redone. I didn't have to add anything, except the nest.

Kathleen, we have had skiff of snow the past 2 nights, but not enough to amount to any real moisture. It is supposed to be 78 by Sat. Yippee!! I have tee times.

Kath, I will try to remember to take a night shot.

Nana, it was very windy yesterday but everything has stayed OK so far.

Jane, no birds so far! After I had done the carriage lights for Halloween, when I saw the nylon baskets, it was an AHA moment. They looked kind of puny last year so I added the wreaths this year. Much better!

Pat, thanks, I like it a lot also.

Jeanne, thanks, they have been hanging out there for Easter for several yrs now.

Frou, thanks, when I saw the flowers last yr. for 90% off, they just "hopped" into my cart! LOL

Punk, if the prediction is for high winds, heavy rain, or lots of snow, I move the Blue bunny, but he has had 2 nights of skiffs of snow and looks just the same after it melts as it is very dry snow. The yellow plastic egg is new this year, and right now is just wedged in there. The 2 plastic eggs on the porch have rocks inside them.

Marylee, thank you.

Frou, the wooden tulips came from Hobby Lobby several years ago, but they are flat on a dowel and would be very easy to make. Just whip out that jigsaw girlfriend!! LOL

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Your porch is so welcoming and springy! Love the wooden scrollwork bunny and the tulip pot too! Your carriage lights are just too cute as well...so many things to look at and admire...TFS!