Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Some 'Easter Eye Candy'

plainjane425
12 years ago

Since I'm still unable to get around from my surgery,

to do any Easter Tables or Decorating...

I've been going through some serious cabin fever!!

Let me tell you this is VERY dangerous because the

ONLY way I can get out and about, is through my PC!!

I've been doing lots of surfing and SHOPPING - great

therapy - but like I said - very dangerous!! hehehe

Anyway, since it's been slow here, I thought

I'd share this blog that I always enjoy

checking in on. I'm sure some of you have visited her

blog already..but for those who haven't...

She has an AMAZING dish collection -

and wanted to share her cute Easter TS with you.

See what you think.

jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Easter Tablescape

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh that was fun to look at, Jane! It's a beautiful table! I love those Bordello plates (like purplemoon's!) She has lots of neat pottery pcs & the t'cloth is so Spring-y!

Glad you are enjoying some shopping therapy at home ...keep getting better! Hugs, Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Whoa...you're not kidding! BEAUTIFUL! Glad you're feeling some better...hope you improve everyday!

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne & Marlene...
    Glad you enjoyed her pretty things!

Yep outside of getting 'antsy'..
    I'm feeling better ea day...
    Thanks for asking...
    Just waiting for the freedom
    to move around again,
    and I'll be just fine!!

jane

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Jane, so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I always enjoy seeing the beautiful Tablescapes and vignetes whether they are from our forum or just brousing the net. Yes, she sure does have some pretty things and a lot of talent to display them so nicely. I had not visited her blog before, but will try keeping up with it in the future. You must share your online shopping with us too. I love seeing what others are buying.My latest "project" as been engraving stemware glasses for myself, my DD and then a set for MDGD. Just simple monograms with stencils cut from with my cricut and some wide tape. I used etching cream and was pleased with the results. I am trying to think of other things that would work well for etching, but haven't had much time to hunt for thrift items that could work. I don't want to spend much on anything until I feel more confortable with my ability. I have such a "LONG" list of projects that I would like to try, that I tend to procastinate, trying to decide what to do first. Hope your recovery goes fast and you will be up and out in no time, Hugs and prayers, Janet

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Janet for your H&Ps. I'm always open for them!
    I'm glad you enjoyed seeing this blog.
    She has so many beautiful things, and once showed her 'collections' and how
    she stores them. - I was blown away by what she has and all the space to store them. I would imagine just keeping tract of it must be something else!
    Your etching project sounds like fun and would make nice gifts to give.
    Many years ago I bought a kit from QVC but didn't get too far with it even though it did seem nice to do. However, like you, I seem to get caught up in 'wanting' to do projects..then get sidetracked to other things.
    You should show off your glasses when you're done...I know I'd love to see them. DH & I did experiment with a snow flake pattern on a glass that turned out pretty cool.
    I'm sure if you looked up 'etched glass designs'..you might get some neat ideas.
    As far as my 'Internet' shopping...lol. I guess because I'm in my bedroom mostly, I ordered a whole new comforter set and fabric to make matching valances. Also I ordered from JoAnn's the Computer Grafix - Printable Transparency Film that Jeanne uses to decorate her candles. I've got
    to give it a try.
    Hope you get to share your 'project' with us...
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing Jane!
    She does have some beautiful things.
    I'm GLAD to hear that you are doing well.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, been thinking about you and your being laid up. I enjoyed looking at this blog but I want to see what you've purchased!LOL What colors have you choosen for your bedroom? I still have gold and black and can't seem to find anything I'd like to replace it with. I did buy another lighter weight comforter for the warmer months.

The Printable Transparency Film will be fun for you to play with. I love Jeanne's candles she shared.

I'll bet you'll be able to name that Blog by the time this is all over. BTW, there is a blog by a blond cowgirl I think from Texas that I seen once. Happen to know which one that might be? I enjoyed her blog but don't know how I found it unless Karen shared it with us.

So glad it's friday tomorrow. I don't have to work Sat. so hopefully I can spend some time in our yard cleaning. Take care sweet lady.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Jane, I left you a message on Karen's bday thread. I emailed you and it came back. Did you change your email addy?
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kathleen...
    No change in my email..don't know why that's happening.
    This week, I sent an email out to a friend a couple
    of times and had the same problem with them coming back.
    Don't know why tho.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    jane

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions