Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Spring Centerpc for St. Paddy's Day + More

jeannespines
12 years ago

Still working at finding places for 'stuff' & organizing ...but yesterday I started on dining room to change out to Spring decor (altho it's NOT Spring outside yet)...Just a couple more wks til the 1st day of Spring, March 20th! Yay!

Anyway, here's my St. Patrick's Day candle ...printed on that self-stick clear plastic ..the wood bowl is a TS find & I bought the green candle ring last yr at a specialty shop: (I peeled off the Tara's theme from GWTWind candle & saved it on a plastic photo sleeve page):

And lit up last night:

Here's a matted/framed print I'm trying on the buffet shelf...it's pretty big but I loved the print & bought it at a consignment shop before Christmas...Think SPRING!

This is my newest purchase from HLobby ...30% off ...but still a bit pricey ...I've been looking for this luggage style 'end table' since I bought one similiar about 10 yrs ago at a Tues. Morning store. Now I don't have to move the living room one to the dining room everytime I set up the 'Vine tree' for Holiday decor! Plus I got some more storage! Makes me happy!

And that cloche I didn't use at Christmas cause my DH said Santa looked like he was 'caged!' Well, here's my 'Spring girl smelling flowers' ...& that new, beautiful BIG cloche I bought at a specialty shop, too...last yr.

This morning at my table:

TFLookin' ... enjoy your Sunday! Think "Spring!" Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Very pretty CP Jeanne.. love its simplicity. The photo
    of the girl is so sweet and I love how it looks at night lit up. Where do you get that self stick clear plastic?
    I'm facinated with it and the fact that you can actually
    print on it.
    Your Buffet Spring/Print looks lovely and sets the stage for 'Spring'! I've got to change my Winter print to Spring that's over the mantel. I like what you chose.
    Love your luggage storage end table. I love pieces like that, and yes, you get to have more storage too.
    I'll bet it's full aready...lol
    I was laughing over you not having to drag the other one in when you put up your vine tree...that's a plus.
    Your cloche with the little girl is so sweet and gives a nice - peaceful feeling to look at.
    My DH felt the same way about the Santa I put in my cloche for Christmas...I guess it's a 'guy' thing!! lol
    TFS Jeanne ...loved looking and you've inspired me for Spring!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your candle is more than Wonderful!!! The night pic lit up just brings out her eyes. What a sweet, innocent look she has. And surrounded by clover.Awe The green berry vine is so pretty. Looks nice on your wooden plate and pm. Love this setting for a cp.

Pretty spring flower picture. From what I can tell it looks fine sitting on your shelf.

Your new luggage style end table is great. It will be nice to have it ready for your vine tree all the time. We have a Tues. Morning store but it is so expensive. They have the neatest dishes and decor but you pay the price if you want it.

Your new cloche is huge and beautiful. Love how you placed your 'Spring girl smelling flowers' inside. So DH hasn't comment on the caged fairy? Must be partial to Santa or hasn't discovered it yet.LOL

This was great to come here and see your beautiful decor this morning!!! It's so beautiful here today. Sun is shingin and warm. Makes me want to go out in the yard and play. I do have to run to the office at some point and see what I posted wrong in QB for accountant so we can get our company taxes finished tho.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jane...thank you...appreciate your comments (always!) The self-stick transparent plastic sheets I got at HLobby last yr...this yr I didn't find them so I bought just the 'Computer Grafix' brand (computer printable transparent plastic sheets) 6 clear for ink jet printers 8.5x11 ...they're pricey $7.00 pk but I use the 40% coupon whenever I buy reg priced stuff at HL. I used a couple sheets for my Valentine self-timer candles (thank you very much, 'Enabler Jane!' ...I love those! ...anyway I just used double sided scotch tape on the edges to stick to the candle. Hope this helps. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Ahhhh...
    Thanks Jeanne for the 'self-stick tutorial'... lol
    I will look to see if Staples carries it. ..
    I'm sure it will be more $$ there, but for a special project every now and then, it will be worth playing with.
    I'm so glad you're enjoying your candles.
    I love the fact that you give them a unique look ea time and I love that I'm always learning new stuff here.
    Thanks again for sharing your helpful 'how to'...

jane

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Jeannie, I love your ST Patrick day CP. You have me wanting to try some transparicies too. Have to buy me a candle to use it on first though. It might not work so well on real candles The moss bunny is so cute too. I am wondering if the little plastic basket fillers that I saw at walmart or the $ store could be used if you cut a slit in them and filled them with sand or rice or something heavy to make them more stable. The slit could be taped with duck tape and when it was covered with moss it wouldn't show...just an idea
    Your new pic on your shelf looks great, so springy. Sounds like we are all ready for spring. TFS Janet

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're welcome, jane.

punk..thanks for your sweet comments ...here's the other luggage style end table (top opens & 3 drawers) like the one I posted above...this one is 'cuter' tho, I think...multi-colored on drawers & made a bit better, too. Our Tues Morn didn't last but a couple yrs here ...so when I'm in another city about an hr a way, I usually ck it out...yes, some things are very expensive, I agree.

Here's the other candles decorated w/Val decor (I shared this pic before):

And guess what,as I'm decorating for Spring, the ground is all white again...it's snowing today! Fun! Jeanne S.

Out my porch window just a bit ago:

{{gwi:1414586}}
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I like your new picture Jeanne, and your candle centerpiece looks like an Irish lass to me for sure. Nice new luggage table too, but my favorite is your fairy in the cloche--just so sweet and lovely. Here you are trying to get ready for Spring and it looks like Mother Nature has her own ideas! Love the cardinal pic, so pretty with the snow. Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I really like both luggage style end tables. I no longer own an ink jet printer so guess I won't get to join the fun making pretty candles! With all the copies we print we've gone to lasers and they seem to work best for us. Thanks for sharing your Valentine candles again too.

Jane, I hope you find something you want to print and make some candles. They are just the coolest!!!

I'm not wishing winter on you but enjoyed seeing your picture. We had a super nice day here for a change.
    I know it's not going to last but sure was nice having a day in the 50's for a change.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Your CP is so very pretty.
    The Irish colleen on the candle is so sweet.
    Your new painting looks wonderful on your shelf.
    I like your new luggage table and I'm glad you don't have to keep moving the other one.
    It's nice to see the fairies are starting to come out of Hibernation, a sure sign that spring is on the way.
    I'm glad you were able to coax Spring Girl out of hiding. She is adorable
    Love the photo of the Cardinal even if it is snowing.
    I see them in the distance from time to time, but never nearby.
    Nana

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions