Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

OT, To All

yachter123
13 years ago

Our family has been going thru some pretty serious struggles and I apologize for not commenting on everyones beautiful tables.

Sometimes late at nite, after tossing & turning, I get up & look at the tablesettings here. It really helps draw me back to reality, but I have little time & energy to post right now.

I want to say that all the academy award tables I saw were just so creative & beautiful that I don't want any of you to think I just ignored them.

Like Karen has said, this place is family & it has also helped me very much to come here & try to relax & enjoy all the beautiful decor that you all put so much time in to.

Just know that I appreciate seeing all of it, even when I don't get to comment!

Again, thanks to all of you.

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear that you and your family are going through so much right now. I'll be keeping you in my prayers for resolution to come soon.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, sending Hugs and Prayers your way. So happy you can come here for a refresher at times. Take care of yourself and family.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

(((Yachter))))
    I'm sorry to hear you and your family are going though a rough time.
    I'm praying that everything will work out peacefully for all of you.
    It's good that you come here to find some peaceful moments and relieve some stress. Many times I find myself doing the same.
    Hang in there and remember, we're always here for you.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Yacht, my prayers continue for you and the family. You've all just gone thru so much and it seems like it will never end. I know what a toll its taking on you, so the fact you could post and let us know you were 'here' during all the turmoil is so sweet of you.

As you know, this place is a wonderful escape from harsh reality while at the same time making one feel "grounded" when things get so out of control.

Please take care of yourself,
    love, Karen

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Jeeze. I didn't realize things were so serious. I'm really sorry to hear that. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
    OA

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Lori, I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Yachter. I'm going through something similar (again) myself and know from experience how soothing this wonderful forum can be.
    Lynn

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Gosh, I thought I had already posted here--probably hit the wrong key---again!

Lori, you've struggled for so long and I know it's taken a toll on you and your entire family. I'll keep praying that somehow, someway, you can all find a sense of peace again in your lives.

Hugs Sweetie, take care of yourself.

Luvs

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much, our family really does need lots of prayers & I so much appreciate all of you including us in your prayers.

Just hoping for the day I can post good news here & hoping it will be soon.

With all our problems, we see this happen. My grandson goes to a small christian highschool in our town & one of his classmates just lost his 10 year old brother yesterday to cancer. It has hit my grandson hard, as it's a small school & all the kids are friends & interact. I know our problems are not the only ones our poor pastor has to deal with, although he took time on Friday to meet with my son & try to support him in our difficulties and then he had to get to the hospital for this littel boy.

So many with difficulties to deal with, are there enough prayers to go around? I sometime wonder, but I don't doubt that God will listen & is there for all of us.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Yachter...I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your Grndsdon's friend. When something tragic like this happens it's so hard for anyone to accept.
    As for your Grndson...I can understand his ..devastation.
    When you're a kid, you feel invincible, until something like this happens and there's no reasoning for it.

I feel so bad with all that's going on in your personal lives..yet, I always get the sense that you're a close family with strong faith... as hard as it might be, even if it's your last ounce, keep that strong faith and hold tight to each other and know that God will bring you through this.
    My continued prayers for all of you -
    jane

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Hugs to you, and many blessings....
    I will add your family to my prayer list,
    J

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, dear. Just when it seems like nothing else can happen, another sadness befalls you. I'm so sorry your grandson must experience such heavy sorrow at such a young age.
    God bless.
    OA

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Hugs to you, yachter & your GS & family. Jeanne S.