Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easter Eggs

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 10:50

I did 3 small batches this year and they were done *quickly* because they're all for eating! :O) Just wanted to show you that I actually learned something this year... if you put some white vinegar in the boiling water, the food coloring is so much more intense!!! Why didn't anyone ever tell me that?! Here's the 1st batch:

Happy Easter! the Easter Bunny didn't make it here, BTW. :p

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easter Eggs

Party, Beautiful eggs, seems a shame to crack them. I've never tried tying eggs w/ovinegar.LOL
Happy Easter.
Punk

o

Beautiful!! It used to say to use vinegar when they had those little "pills" you dissolved years ago. Might not tell you that any more! Did you use a white marking pen?

o

Those are really pretty. Really vivid colors!

Easter bunny didn't come here either (probably thought I had more than enough bunnies in this house. LOL)

hugs, Karen

o

They came out beautiful!
I'll have to try the vinegar when boiling the water...I usually add it TO the water w/the dye! Thanks for the tip.
I agree they are too beautiful to eat.
jane

o

yup... I have always added vinegar to the food coloring water, and for many years I have cleaned the eggs with vinegar on a cotton ball BEFORE boiling. But I've never added vinegar to the boiling water, and I suspect it made the difference. Although I didn't try to dye any that hadn't been boiled w/ vinegar to compare, so maybe they're just good eggs. lol!

I'm thinking of an egg salad made w/ green olives on homemade pumpernickel. :O)

o

Wow! What gorgeous colors!

o

these eggs are beautiful
TFS
Nana

o

No pic, anymore ...but I bet they were beautiful! Happy belated Easter, party! Jeanne S.

o

Jeanne, I don't know WHY there's no pic anymore! I didn't delete or change anything! I panicked because my yahoo acct got hacked the other day so I figured my photobucket acct got hacked too... but I just checked and everything looks ok. I have no idea why the pic isn't showing here.

o

I'm sad that I didn;t get to see your pretty eggs.
It sounds like they were gorgeous.

I haven't dyed eggs in recent years, but will have to remember the vinegar in the boiling water trick. I've always used vinegar in the dye pots in the past.

Sorry I missed the pix.
Candy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here