Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

On the hunt

satine_gw
13 years ago

Good morning. I have been looking for the dishes that usually are in Ross, TJ, Home Goods etc around this time of the year. I can't remember the maker but they are usually in a dark green and a couple of pastels. Cabbage background, bunnies around the rim and sometimes in the middle. I have never gotten them and this year I made up my mind to buy at least a luncheon set but I can't find them. Any help? Thanks a bunch. Satine

Comments (18)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Hi Satine..
    The plates you're looking for are Pinheiro Bordallo
    Bunny Plates.
    Several ladies have posted them on here..
    I've been looking too..I've also seen them at Home Goods and Marshalls..but never when I'm ready to buy!! :(
    I know ebay has them... and you might want to check out the link below..
    Hope this helps.
    jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Bordallo Bunny Plates

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Satine...I posted another link for you from Ebay below..
    They're not as inexpensive as you'd pay at HG or Ross...but you might find something that catches your eye.
    Also, at this time of year they're usually priced higher because of the Season.
    Good Luck
    jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay- Rabbit Bordallo

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I have been looking for them too, HG, TJM and Marshalls, and they haven't had them recently. I don't want the ones with the bunnies, they usually show up in March.
    My friend who has a great collection of them, says they come back every few years! I hope the time comes soon!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen I bought the plain ones - 4 Green Salad and - 4 bowls at TJM during the Summer..$3.99 ea...and then found white bowls at a Cosignment Shop in town - 4/ $3 !...
    So keep looking, they will eventually pop up again.
    I would love to find 4 of the bunny ones tho.
    jane

• satine_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ladies, thanks for the info and I'll check out ebay although I have never bought from them. I haven't been to home goods recently so I'll give them a try. I don'tthink I have seen them in white- - do they have a pattern? I am going to keep looking- - I can be determined when it comes to dishes! Thanks again. Satine

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

satine...the white bordallo bowls I have look just like the green ones - with a cabbage design. I never saw them in white before either. As I mentioned, I found them at the consignment shop.(lucky find) They weren't new, but in good condition, and I took the 4 best ones they had out of 6.
    Again, good luck - I'm sure you find them.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Satine, I slowly found mine at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods. But it took awhile to amass my collection. I never bought any on eBay (tho have eBayed since 1999) as these dishes are really heavy, and shipping can be bad on them.
    They come in the green, pink. yellow, lavender, blue. I want to find some of the gold turkey ones for next Fall.
    There are so many neat designs on the Bordallo dishes but of course my love is the green bunny pieces.

{{gwi:1405243}}

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Karen, those are so pretty! A wonderful collection
    Jane, I have a couple of white ones from a thrift shop, never saw them again though.
    For awhile they were everywhere, now disappeared. :(
    I will keep looking! The Tablescaper, my blog friend , has service for 12 and serving pieces, just lovely!

CTS used to have a version, not as nice. I bought 3, one was chipped. I returned it, and they never got them in again. If you ever see them there Jane, let me know, please!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Sure Karen...'Flash' your Bordallo collection for the rest of us to salivate over!
    I did have your beauties in mind when I was telling Satine about seeing them here.
    Just love your collection. You're right - ebay's shipping on them can be a killer along with them being over priced there too.
    Kathleen...I sure will keep an eye out. I never saw the 'faux' ones at CTS tho. Like I mentioned, I've seen them in the summer at TJM and Home Goods - you have to hit them just when they put them out, as they do go fast.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

If it makes you feel better, Jane, I don't have any of the dinner plates. LOL. I have a pair of the salad plates, and the big platter, but rest is the tea service. Oh, last year I did find both sizes of the pedestal cake plates at Home Goods for CHEAP prices. I thought they usually got the bunny ones in this time of year? I still plan to hunt for two of the dinner plates.
    The green is usually the easiest to find it seems. I rarely see the other colors. Tho I do have 3 lavender pieces.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I feel the same way as Jane does, PM...'Flash' your Bordallo collection for the rest of us to salivate over!

Just a beautiful, beautiful collection! My cup of tea! (you did say it was a tea service, right!) Jeanne S.

• satine_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning. Karen, I hate to say it but I am sooo jealous. I moved about 6 months ago and purged my plate stash because I was really downsizing. I really thought I could manage my addiction but I NEED DISHES! I am missing the sets I parted with and I am just going to continue to buy dishes I love. I may only buy service for 4 instead of 6-8 but I get so much joy from them that I'll worry about where to store them some other time. Maybe I could empty my bedroom closet since clothes mean little to me--as long as I am covered Im happy. Thanks again for all the responses and I'll keep looking. Satine

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Gee Karen..NO dinner plates - and ONLY -
    'a pair of the salad plates, and the big platter, but rest is the tea service. Oh, last year I did find both sizes of the pedestal cake plates' >> Poor Baby !
    Once I saw a Green Tea Set (no bunnies) at a Consignment Shop and it was only $35...I didn't get them. :(
    DH was with me at the time and he cramped my style...I'm still kicking myself over that.
    I've never seen the Bunny Plates ever.
    I think you've been pretty lucky finding yours.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

At my age, its nice to be able to "flash" something and get good reviews! LOL.

It took a couple of years to find these pieces, tho when Home Goods had the cake plates, they had a LOT of the bunny dishes in several colors. I was shocked. I've never seen any in thrift stores. TJ Maxx and Ross would only have the occasional single piece or two at most. So its really hit or miss unless you eBay. With the Priority flat rate boxes, shipping might not be too bad on a set of plates. Quite a bit goes in the $15 box. But the cake plates on there were THREE times what I paid at Home Goods!

Satine, I'm so sorry you let go of a lot of your pretty dishes. Guess the good side to that is you can go treasure shopping for more! Unless you entertain a lot, I'd say buying just enough for a set of 4 is plenty. Then you can have more variety. I don't entertain, and DH likes plain plates, so I indulge my dish addiction to no more than a pair. and often just a single set. Its sure a harmless way to keep oneself happy. ;o> Like you, clothes aren't my thing as long as I'm covered. But I love my collections and decorations, so do spoil myself there.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

This has been a fun read ladies. Satine, I sure hope you find some and share with us when you do.

Karen, I too love your set of Bordallo green bunny dishes! I'm hoping to find some of these one day also. I wouldn't be picky about the color if the price was right.LOL

Punk

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

NO MORE FLASHING!!! GREEN DISH ENVY HERE. What a nice collection, Karen.
    Satine, I think you have started a new support group here. "MY NAME IS _______ AND I AM A DISHAHOLIC, PLEASE HELP ME FIND......."

Yes!!

Pat

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Pat...
    When and where are the Meetings?
    Do we sign the list or is it Anonymous?

jane

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Where are are Bordallo Bunny dishes when you NEED them?
    I never knew I needed them until now!!
    Thanks Enablers R Us. What's the name of that support group again??? What does it do anyway? Help you find more dishes? Or try to talk you out of needing more dishes? [Good luck with that LOL].

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions