Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Purplemoon thinking of you

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

Karen, You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

NanaKaren

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen - Same here...
    I'll be thinking of you too ..
    May Love & Peace Surround You and Your Family Today..

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers also. Hope knowing your Dear Parents will be "Together Forever" will help you through DD's new life celebration today.

Hugs, Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good thoughts & prayers continuing your way, Karen...today is a day of celebration of life for your DD...may you continue to find joy in sharing memories with your family & friends during this time & each day. Hugs to you, Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Sending love and hugs from Virginia!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Thank you for all the sweet thoughts about today. It really makes me feel "hugged".

The services went beautifully. Sunny skies, 70 degrees, and all our family plus some very close friends. The Honor Guard was just fantastic, you could have heard a pin drop while they were marching in, doing the flag, and the ceremony of presenting it to me. Then there was a gun salute, three of them had marched off away from us and then fired their rifles in the air 3 times each. Taps played next, and I managed not to cry, tho its a heartwrenching song to hear anytime. After the clergy spoke, I did the one I'd shared here a few weeks ago. A dear family friend also did some beautiful speaking. As I'd hoped, there was laughter as we remembered some of the things regarding my Dad. Everything today went so perfect, so beautiful, and I will carry this memory the rest of my life.
    Oh, my 17 yr granddaughter is a serious photographer and I'd asked her to take pictures during the ceremony. So I am really anxious to see what she did.

My Dad would have loved it all. Funny...I kept wishing he could have seen it. That was one of the hardest things for me today. I kept wanting him to SEE it. And to talk to his friends, and tell them more jokes as he would have.
    One had commented that "the world will be a drearier place without George in it, as he put a smile on the face of the world." How true.

Anyway, it was a good day. And while I am sitting here with tears running down my face, I am at peace that he and my Mom are 'together forever'. The hole in my heart will slowly fill, and overflow, with the many memories he left me. Right now, I just need to grieve a bit.

hugs, Karen

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
    - Kahlil Gibran

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Karen,
    I am sure your Dad saw it, just from a loftier perspective!

So glad it all went well. Just think, he has a whole new audience for his jokes!

How does one angel greet another??

They say "Halo", teehee.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, sounds like it was a beautiful service. This quote is so true! Great to hear from you.

We're here when you need us.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen..I'm so happy to hear all went well today, and how
    beautiful the service was.
    I'm sure your Dad, with your Mom by his side, was smiling down enjoying the day too.

"Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you." -- St. Francis De Sales ...

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm so glad the service turned out so nicely. I agree that your Dad did see it too and was very proud of his family and thankful for the good memories each of them have of him. He lives on in those memories.

Loved both of the quotes you and Jane posted. Good thoughts to remember.

Hugs, Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, Karen...so good to hear that this blessed day was a blessing for all of you, family & friends. Really, really sounds like a true "celebration of life!"...knowing that your DD, joined with your DM, were smiling down upon you all. TFS your day. Hugs to you, Jeanne S.

"This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Karen, so glad that the day went off so beautifully. Give yourself time and permission to grieve. You have had so much on you for so long that healing will be a slow process; but it will happen. I love the "Celebration of Life", and hope that when I am gone, my family will celebrate what I tried to be/do, and the love that I feel for them instead of the separation. I heard death spoken of once as "GRADUATION DAY" and that is the way I would like for my loved o0nes to think of me. Hugs to a very special lady that I am proud to have as my friend. Janet

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions