Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekbum

Hello Everyone!!

Creekbum
10 years ago

It is former Creekdweller. I had to change my screen name and pass word. For the last 2 years I have not been able to get on this site. I called and left messages with a couple of member, but, did not get a response.

I have missed you folks and look forward to getting to know the new ones and re-unite with the regular member.

How has every one been?

Comments (18)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Creek it's good to have you back!!
    Nana

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Nana, it is so good to be back! I have been having withdrawals for two years. I could not get on the site. We got a new computer, and here I am! So glad to see everyone still here and doing such Beautiful Work As Always!

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

IT is so good to be back here! I have just spent 2 hrs, trying to catch up! You folks do not disappoint in your decorating! You are all so Talented! I see several of you mention FB, I am on FB Aike McAlpin, Profile with white cat picture. I would love to be friends on FB. I am in several decorating groups and would love to have you all join in. It is so much fun. One in particular, like here, everyone is family! So, come along and join in! Lets show them some real Talent, B/C You all have what it takes to delivery Fantastic Work!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Wow Creek, nice surprise to see you back! Have missed
    you but sure didn't realize it had been two years.

I'm still busy trying to keep the kiddos happy with several
    businesses to help run.LOL Sold the phone business
    last year. Started an insurance company along with our
    satelitte businesses. DS also has a car lot and lawn mowing
    business.

In a couple of weeks DD is going to classes for her business
    management license. She has a degree in BM but guess she
    needs more to manage property. DS will be attending classes
    for his realator license at the same time. The only great thing
    about this is we get to have DGD and DS's little yorkie for the
    week while they are at school. Bet your sorry you asked!haha

I'll send you a request for FB but I'm not on there alot. Nice
    place to keep in touch with those we care about. Please tell
    us or show us what you've been up to!

Punk

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Punk,
    I got your friend request and signed you up for the Decorating site! Everyone is Welcoming You with Open Arms! So, Please go back and check it out. It is so addicting!
    I was going to ask you on FB what you had been up to, so I am glad that you updated me on your family. Sounds like everyone is doing well and having a good time too. So Proud for you and your Family!
    I was going to post pictures, and show what I have been up to, then it dawned on me, how difficult it is for me, to post pictures here. I guess that why
    I enjoy the FB, it is so easy to post pictures. I still would like to invite anyone who would be interested in joining me on FB to come on over. I don't want to take you away from here, it's just too much fun. But, there are a lot of Great People and they appreciate great Work and right now, there is not a lot of things going on and you folks ALWAYS Delivery the Best of the BEST!! So, I would like for that group to see how talented you all are. It is a secret group, you have to be invited in, so your photos are safe. You Folks here are the Best Decorating Group I have been a member of. And, since being on FB, I am in a lot. But, you folks would put them to the test! You are Just THE BEST!!!!

If I could remember how to post pictures here, I would post for you!
    I don't even remember the account or passwords to use to get to the pictures that I did post! LOL 2 years is a long time! So, much has happened in my life.
    But, it is great to be able to be back here and see that all the names are still the same. What a treat!
    Do you still take bus tours? I remember how fun that was.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Creek, thanks for the invite. For some reason FB and my
    computer are not real compatible. I tried to post a picture
    and it wouldn't ever go through. Guess you need to bring
    all your friends over here!LOL We would love having more
    going on here too.

If you only want to post one picture on your post. Go up to
    the browse and find it and open it. When you preview your \
    post it will show up. Our DJeanne shared this with us.
    Otherwise I use photobucket and upload from there. If you
    want to share from there let us know and we will help you.

I'll try later on FB and see how it goes. Oh yes, that bus is
    still a part of our fun here! I think we're having a paintin'
    party at my house and your invited!LOL That's great that
    you remembered the BUS!!!

Thanks, Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

You can post a 'single pic' easy here, creek ...they've added the 'browse' (image file to upload (optional) right above where you write your message. & you can do the same when you add a comment ~~ or you can use Photobucket or something.

I love Facebook, too...but not going to take on any more decorating sites. ;-) Good to hear from you ...did you get kicked off by Garden Web forum? ;-) ~~Jeanne S

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne,
    I don't know if I got kick off or what. My computer would not let me bring up the site. I did not know you could get kicked off, but that may have been it, but I don't know why.

It is good to hear from you. Sorry you are not going to join us on FB. Is It So Much fun! It is very addicting. And it has been healing to me, as I have lost my Mama and Daddy and Father n law in 2 1/2 yr. time. And there is pure disaster in my family!

I spent about 4 hrs here yesterday. There is just no way I can make up 2 yrs. All I can say is, you folks are the BEST!!!
    That's why I was so anxious to get some of you to join me on FB, they need HELP! LOL

I learned so many decorating tips from you folks and have applied them in my work! I am not great, but better than I was before coming here!

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I tried your suggestion, for the pictures. It did not work. I have pictures saved in files and they are not on the last downloaded files. I wanted to share my Christmas Tree. I was so pleased with the way it turned out. I used the tips I have learned from you folks and it worked!

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Bummer, Creek...about not getting pic to post.

I click on Browse, then I choose Pictures, My pictures, & click on the folder I want to open & choose it.... I have Windows 7.

....or you can go to any of your photos in your files & put the one you want to share on your desktop ...know how to do that?

Good luck! Jeanne S. ... I don't know why you couldn't get on Garden Web forum...someone else here had that trouble a long time ago. Aaaarghhh

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I will try the desk top thing! Thanks

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I'm a newbie since your time here, so I'll just say, "Hello, I'm pleased to meet you." I don't like FB, so I hope you will figure out how to share your pictures here. I love seeing everyone's pictures.

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello, Fun, nice to meet you too! I Love FB! I guess you just have to get used to it. It has really been a Blessing to me through loosing my parents and Father in law. The Decorating Group I am in is The Best! But, They don't know how to decorate like this group does! These are by far the BEST Decorators I have ever met!
    They don't seem to collect things like everyone here.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Well, as usual, I'm the cow's tail....It's good to have you back Creek! We look forward to seeing all of your projects that have gone unappreciated by this group while you've been away!

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Creek, I got your phone message quite awhile back....but before I could return your call, my new (now 20 months old) great grandson erased it. He's a pistol.
    He comes over and heads right for phone or TV remotes. He erased my whole phone address book somehow, LOL. Had to reprogram 2 TVs also. Now I try to hide the stuff when he hits the door.
    I did try to email you but never heard back. So didn't know if you'd changed your email. What I sent didn't bounce back saying it was no longer active but since I didn't hear from you, figured it must be.

Not much for me to catch up. You were here when I lost my Dad 3 yrs ago, and I'm still having problems with missing him. Lost pretty much ALL my decorating spirit.
    I stopped doing all the holidays except Fall and Christmas, and scaled both those back quite a bit. Tho part of that is the Fibro worsening and physically I'm a mess most of the time. I'm definitely no fun here on Holidays anymore!! And I get real bad about posting as I have nothing to contribute. I still LOVE seeing all the great stuff others do... and love this Forum.

I finally got addicted to FB, tho don't post personal stuff much except regarding Jason, my youngest son. Or if I get to do something special once in a blue moon. Mostly I post quotes and sayings, or animal stuff. I will get you added as a friend, but right now don't want to join a decorating group on there. Maybe another time.
    I am also super addicted to Pinterest and have loads of photos saved on there. I've posted links here for decor albums I've set up. With my obsession for pictures, Pinterest is perfect for me. Since I don't sleep at night, I am always on there looking at stuff. :o)

hugs, Karen

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, Karen, I did not see this before I signed you up! I am sorry! You don't have to participate, but, I do wish you would just drop by to see what it is all about! I can not get over my Mama. It has been 3 years! I went on FB and Got involved with the decorating group and for the first time, I decorated for Christmas! So, I do wish you would at least give it a whirl! I understand about Pinterest, but, the inter-reaction with the people is what got me going!
    Our computer went down and yes, I do have a new e-mail. I will PM it to you on Face book. Hang in there girl, It is hard, but with good friends, you can and will get through. I know, I feel the same way lots if days, But, I do have more good days now than bad. Love To You!!

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marlene, I remember you now! After seeing your post! Glad to be back and see everyone! I still can't get the hang of that photo bucket! GRRR!! I have so many pictures that I would like to post. I guess that's why I am on "FB, so easy to post pictures! I will keep trying! Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks! Creek

• Creekbum
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marlene, I remember you now! After seeing your post! Glad to be back and see everyone! I still can't get the hang of that photo bucket! GRRR!! I have so many pictures that I would like to post. I guess that's why I am on "FB, so easy to post pictures! I will keep trying! Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks! Creek