Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

OT--Sweet birthday surprise!

luvstocraft
12 years ago

Yesterday the mailman brought me a lovely birthday card from our sweet, thoughtful Karen. Inside was a gift card for the new Hobby Lobby we now have in my area! What a perfect gift! I'll look forward to my next day out so I can stop by there and find a new treasure or two or maybe even three!;o) Thank you so much,Karen.

Had a wonderful day today. A friend came by with breakfast for the three of us along with a pretty yellow pillow for the office/bedroom I've been redoing and the promise of season I and II of Downton Abbey. For those who haven't seen it, it's been on PBS and is a wonderful story. I missed season I so can't wait for the DVD to arrive! Also got a pretty new teapot from another neighbor along with an assortment of teas and a new set of Oneida silverware for 12 from DS and family.

Friends and family are sure the "silver lining" to reaching "Medicare" age don't you think? LOL

Luvs

Comments (14)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUVS !!
    I'm so glad you had a nice day!
    What is this 'Medicare' thing you are talking about? LOL
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Luvs.

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Maybe we can wander through Hobby Lobby together, one of these days.

I am a Downtown Abby lover too. We Tivo the series and then watch a little every night until it's over. And we are, of course, very sad to have reached the end of the season, as the characters worm their way into your heart.

Many happy returns, OA

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh that is a surprise b'day gift, luvs! Karen certainly is a good friend! Sounds like your day was a very good one & that you enjoyed family & friends! So, a Happy Belated Birthday to you, luvs! Always enjoy your comments!! (& pics when you can) Hugs to you & DH! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LUVS !!

Karen is such a dear friend ...and what a wonderful gift
    from her, to 'enable' you to shop the new HL!

I'm so glad your friends and family created a happy day for you on your Birthday..
    I'm sure it's because they know you're one 'Special Lady' ...
    jane

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Luvs, Belated Happy BD. Sorry I am late, but I have to beg ignorance/ I didn't know it was your BD until I read it here. Isn/t Karen just the nicest person. Enjoy your gift and your time out. Sounds like your family made sure you had a good day. That's great, as I know how hard this past year has been. Hugs and best wishes coming your way. Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Luvs, I am so sorry for not posting your birthday here! I sure meant to. It sounds like you had nice day.

Hope you enjoy shopping at HL. Tho its more dangerous than Michaels I think.

Love, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's okay Karen, you are so much better about remembering special dates than any of us I think. I just love the cute bunny throwing kisses! Luvs

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Luvs, Sounds like you had a nice day. So sweet of Karen to send you a gift card for Hobby Lobby. This might be just what you need to get you out for a bit. I'm sure you will have fun shopping while checking out the new store.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awww! what a cute little puppy too! Yes, I will make it a point to put HL on my next errand list. I've only been in the store two times since it opened, and the first time was just a really fast run through. Can't wait to get in on some of their after holiday sales for sure. ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Luvs, they have a 40% off coupon in the paper once a week (or every other week) and you can go online to get coupon mailed to you also. They have lots of sales on good stuff, not just holiday things.

How the heck can anyone do a FAST run through in THAT place? LOL
    hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Luvs! I don't know why but I thought yours was few days after mine.

How sweet of Karen, and your friends. You certainly deserve to be treated well, I hope you enjoyed the day. I am sorry I am late with this!

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Luvs, wishing you belated Happy Birthday! Sorry, haven't been here in a few months, been too busy dwelling on my back problems & throwing myself daily pity parties!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kathleen and Yachter, my friend next door says I get to celebrate all month not just the one day so you are not late at all. ;o)

Yachter, so sorry your back is still giving you problems. You need one of those Ipads so you can lay in bed and connect with us here, right??

Karen, when you are paying for someone to stay with DH and your alloted time is almost up, you have no choice but to do a quick run thru! I get their emails with coupons as well as the ads in the paper so will be sure to take a coupon along when I get to go.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I know its almost impossible for you to get out and shop these days, and being "on the clock" sure takes the fun out of things. Your situation is heart-wrenching, to say the least. Being a full time caregiver is so physically and emotionally draining.

love you, Karen

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions