Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

9200 Easter Eggs....

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Holy Cow!!

Volker Kraft decorating a tree with 9,200 Easter eggs in his garden in Saalfeld, Germany. The Kraft family have decorated their tree with Easter eggs for over 40 years.

{{gwi:1413672}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (16)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Karen, this is amazing! Where did you come up with this?How long do you think it takes to put all of them UP? And then they must all come DOWN!!!

DH is having the worst gout attack he's ever had and so I'm here trying to wait and see if we need to head to the hospital. Don't know what they can do other than heavier pain medication.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    14 years ago

Holy Cow! Isn't it somehting?!

Here's a link to a video on their website. You can click on the various numbered eggs for more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Egg Tree Video

• party_music50
    14 years ago

That IS amazing! and beautiful. They must leave them up year-round -- where would they store 9200 eggs?!

Punk, sorry to hear about your DH. I just did a quick search for natural remedies -- drinking lots of water will help (as I figured) but the #1 item is cherries! He should eat cherries or drink cherry juice... or apparently anything that is high in vitamin C will help rid the gouty deposits.

• milosmom_gw
    14 years ago

Holy Moly!
    That's a lottt of eggs. Bless that man, he has waaay more energy and ambition than I'd ever even dream of.

~~Punk: Prayers for your Hubby. :)~~

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Wow, now that's what I call excessive.
    Syble

• luckygal
    14 years ago

That gives new meaning to 'decorating for Easter'! Their story is quite sweet tho and I can understand how this grew for their family.

Thanks for showing this Karen.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

What an amazing site that would be to see IRL. (Made me think of the way the GJ ladies were putting the half marbles on a tree branch for some reason--probably because of the pretty colors.) We do good to get Christmas lights up and down--amazing that they do all these eggs.

Luvs

• dining_delight
    14 years ago

So pretty! Even though we all love to decorate for the seasons...would we go THAT far? That's dedication! It would be so fun to see IRL! Thanks for sharing Karen and OA - enjoyed the video too!

Punk, hope your DH is feeling better soon!

DD

• oreos_mom
    14 years ago

Karen, that is without a doubt the most pretty job of "egging" something I've ever seen :>)

Punk .. my sig other also has gout so I feel for your husband. Cherries and/or cherry juice and lots of water do help,but it dosen't take long to get sick of cherries ..lol. We ordered an all natural herbal on-line called Gout Cure. It took 2 days to get here and David started taking it right away. Within 3 days he was back up on his feet. He would have gout attacks so bad sometimes,he would have to use a wheelchair to get around. He had been taking colchcine for the attacks,but it just was not working. We asked his doctors if it would be alright to take the Gout Cure and they said since it was all herbal, there was nothing in it to intefer with his other meds. You can order it right off the computer. They also have the cherry juice, but the gout cure pills seemed to work better for David.

Susan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Unbelievable! Wow! If the Easter bunny doesn't come to your house, then we know now that it probably is in Germany! That's where I'd make my home if I were the Easter bunny! Wow! TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Karen, Not to hijack your post but want to thank PM, DD and Susan for prayers and help with DH. He is still in alot of pain but is on pain meds. He drinks the Knutson's Cherry Juice from the Health Food Store all the time. And also drinks alot of water all day long.

Susan, I will show him this web site and I think I'll get some GC pills on the way. Thanks so much for the help and we'll hope it helps. He has always had kidney stones and now the gout has taken over.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, I hope your DH feels better soon. The pain sounds horrible for him. Sending prayers and good thoughts to him
    for fast recovery.
    And please don't you, or anyone else, think you could hijack a post of mine. Feel free to jump in with any thing, anytime.

As for where I come up with some of the stuff I do...after- midnight web browsing. LOL. Seriously tho, since I love pictures so much, it really helps pass the time when I can't sleep looking at sites. My 2 favorites to browse are Flickr and Google. You can type anything in google and pull up an image gallery with JUST photos of it. For this one, I think I had typed in Easter decor photos.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

I thought you were YOLKING! :)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Karen, you could understand pain more than most do, since you live with it like you do. Thanks, DH thinks it's a little better today. I hate to leave him to go shopping for DGS but will have to.

Kathleen, OMG that is so FUNNNNNNY...No Yolking

Love all of your sense of humors. LUV it here!!! Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Wow! That's a lot of eggs!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OA, thanks for the video link. I really liked seeing how he managed to store 9200 eggs. So organized too. WOW.
    Did you see how high up those extended ladders the man and woman were? Yikes! A step-stool is my limit for heights. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions