Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Its beginning to look a lot like Easter

christmascandy
13 years ago

I thought I would share a few pictures of some of my Easter decor.

First a throw rug I found at ARC for $3.99

Then a coffee table vignette using the Celtic Cross and a TS book I found about the very first Easter.

This little glass shelf was a TS find. It has 3 glass covered rabbit bowls and 3 TS books, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Jemima Puddleduck, and The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher. The flowers are also TS, and the pink fairy at the top was Rass this year.

A close up:

This is a vignette in the dining room. The purple candles were GoodWill this spring for .85c ea. The metal retro sign was a gs find, $1. and the ceramic chick vase was another TS find. The candlesticks are some I bought yrs ago at Big Lots and dry brushed them gold. The table runner is from Dollar Tree, and the ceramic egg was a clearance item at Ross last year.

I will post more pictures later.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, I can't believe you found PURPLE candles at GW. I haven't even seen them in the stores for that matter! And the ceramic chick is darling too. At least I don't have "glass bunny envy", I have them too. ;o)
    The candlesticks look great with touch of gold by the way.

Thanks for sharing tonight since I'm doing my late-night-
    online as usual. All distractions always welcome, especially tonight.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I'm loving your Easter decorations. I especially like the Celtic Cross paired with the purple candles.
    Happy Anniversary, and Happy Birthday to your little DGD.
    NanaK

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Love that coffee table vignette, with the book. I like your idea of using books in vingettes. I have little green glass bunnies I bought last year, and I CAN"T find them! The baby chick vase and sign are precious! Can't believe you found those at TS.

Pat

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy...love the purple accents and your coffee table vignette.
    That baby chick (love vintage) is my favorite.
    Seems like many of us have those glass bunnies. I like how you displayed yours with the books.
    Happy Anniversary To YOu & Happy Birthday to your DGD!
    jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your bunny rug is so cute. Your celtic cross and Very First Easter book look nice with the purple candles and greenery on your coffee table. The little glass shelf is so pretty with the bunnies, books and flowers.

Love the book cover with chicks pulling the girl riding an egg cart. How cute! Adding your cute chick, candles and rose egg is perfect.

Nana, thanks for reminding me to wish Candy a Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to little DGD. Hope it's a fun day for all.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

It all looks great Candy. That little shelf is the perfect place to display your glass bunnies. The rug is so pretty, how could someone donate that???? Your vignette is great too, love the purple candles, gold brushed candle holders and especially that cute little chick. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very Spring-y, candy...& so pretty. Like ladypat, I love how you used "books"...& how you displayed those little ones on that 3 tier rack. The Easter book is beautifully accented w/that purple & your Celtic cross...lovely!

That rug is quite a find...is it on your carpet or where are you putting it? Back of an overstuffed chair would look cool. Your "tin" print is so cute...I have a graphics CD book called "Memories of a Lifetime" "Animals" & there are several pages of vintage postcards that remind me of your tin. Love 'em!

Lookin' forward to more pics coming! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY pretty decorations! Love the chick vase and the vintage sign...the celtic cross and all of the bunnies and the Beatrix Potter books too! Purple candles at GW? Lucky you! And I LOVE the bunny rug....can I ask, what is ARC? Can't figure that one out...

TFS...can't wait to see the other pictures!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm loving all the purple you used it looks great with your cross and First Easter book. Your bunny rug is darling and such a bargain. Like PM I have the glass bunny baskets too, but I am having serious baby chick envy. I just did a vignette today with a book and chicks and I love your sign and planter. Marlene we don't have ARCs here either, but I go there when I visit my son in Chicago, it's a great TS. Candy, it really does look like Easter at your house, just lovely.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, not only are the candles purple, but they smell wonderful!!

Nana, thanks for the good wishes. It has been a wonderful day.

Pat, I found the tin sign first and when I saw that little chick vase, I knew they would look great together.

Jane, I bought another tin sign at the same GS and it is in another vignette yet to be photographed. Thanks for the good wishes.

Punk, thanks for the sweet comments and the good wishes.
    As for the cross and first Easter book, just like Christmas, I like to acknowledge the reason for the holiday, not just the cutsie traditions.

Marlene, thank you. ARC is Association for Retarded Citizens and is a chain of TS's' They are all over CO. I don't know if they are in other states.

Luvs and Jeanne, the bunny rug is brand new and is on my carpet at the entrance to my dining room. I sure wouldn't donate something like that, but I am glad someone did!!

Frou, based on your response, I guess they have ARC's in Illinois! Thanks, Easter is breaking out all over around here. I will post more pictures later.

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Happy Anniversary, Candy. (and happy birthday to the little one). I hope you had a wonderful day.

hugs, Karen