Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Inspiration from OA...thank you!

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Recently when OA did the wonderful "Hands" heirloom picture, after getting idea from Jeanne,

I took an idea off OA's design! I'd loved the picture of the children's hands and wanted to do one as a surprise for my DD. Her little girls are 6 and 8. So today I went over there, as they have a brick patio.

I made my DD stay inside and took the girls out for 'some pictures'.

Here is my inspiration photo OA did....

And here are two shots I got of my DGDs hands. Not sure which I like best to frame

for their Mom's surprise. I think the first one. Opinions please?

{{gwi:1413589}}

{{gwi:1413590}}

the little girls were having fun with my taking hand photos, and asked me to take their

feet too. LOL.

{{gwi:1413591}}

Thank you SOOOOO much for the idea, OA. I just love it and hope my DD will too.

hugs, Karen

Comments (15)

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Karen,

What wonderful photos! To me, the first one looks like the little girls are reaching out to each other and the second looks like they are standing together. So I sort of like the second one. But that depends on your outlook, and what you see in the picture...

I love the toes and the nail polish!

- Magpie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooops, I re-edited the photo of their hands from the front and that messed up the previous link. Here it is now

{{gwi:1413592}}

As you can see from my photos, one shot is from behind them and one from in front. So I don't know what I like best. Help....LOL.
    I could print both and let my DD choose I guess.

hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, they are both beautiful. Love them both. The first one looks like they are starting off to somewhere... maybe school. That is a hard decision. - Marylee

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Too hard a decision for me...I think the pictures are both adorable!!
    Thanks for showing us!
    Hugs to you,
    J

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I like the 1st 1 best as they look relaxed & enjoying holding hands! 2nd 1 they look cramped- a little unnatural but I would make a 2nd 1 of the feet! That is so sweet! A perfect pair! Jan

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Karen,
    I think I like the composition of the second one best.

Actually, I love the feeties one too. Wouldn't it be an interesting idea to photograph a newborn's feet, then photograph ever so often with and without shoes.
    The Booties stage
    The first pair of Mary Jane's
    The flippers the summer they stayed at the beach
    The ballet shoes when they took dance
    Their riding boots
    The soccer shoes when they came in second in the city tournament
    Their first heels
    Etc.
    Their wedding pumps.
    Hmmmmm

OA

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wow..I think Jeanne and OA started something 'Big' here!
    Love your photos Karen..
    I think I like the first one too.
    It's like a loving gesture of an older sister..
    ' Take My Hand...I'll Show You The Way'
    The pics of the feet are so cute too...Love the little painted toes!
    jane

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I didn't try to get the M & M's to position their hands like in OA's pix I love so much. I just told them to hold hands and I got photos from in front of them and then in back of them. I wanted their hand-holding to be 'natural' to them. I think I'll get photos done of both shots, and let my daughter choose her favorite to put in the frame. I am going to do the feet one too and see if she wants it.
    What she doesn't want, I'll put in my M & M's scrapbook.
    (my daughter has 3 girls, all named with an M. The oldest girl is 22 and lives in Alabama now.)

Thanks for all the great comments!!
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Loving the "footsies"...toenail polish & stance! Could find a good quote to go with the print ...ie, "Oh the Places You'll Go" (Dr. Seuss)..

Both hand prints ...can't choose...to me the 1st one says..."off on a journey" ...

the second one says, "sisterhood ...strength...there for each other"

Nice work, PM...hard to choose...good luck! Beautiful gift! Jeanne S.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Such wonderful photos. I, too, like the toes! I bet DD will want hands AND feet. Black and white just has such a presence, doesn't it?

Pat

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Lovely photos, I think either will be great, they are so sweet.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, these pics are so sweet! It's amazing how the different hands pictures send different messages. I like the first one best but it might be the black background and writing on it.

The feet are adorable and a great idea. I noticed the painted toe nails right off. I just painted DGD's nails and toes and air brushed them last night.LOL Let us know what DD has to say.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm glad you were able to follow up on the hands theme--bet your DD will love it. The feet are my favorite though--just so cute with those little painted toe nails. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

I like them all. Glad I don't have to choose.

Like the others, I like the feet with the painted toenails!

I'll bet DD will want all 3. They would make a nice trio all framed in black!

Great job Grandma!!

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, I love the photos.
    I think using all three is a good idea also.
    I would make prints of the cute little feet
    for the girls as well.
    Have you & DD made a choice yet?
    NanaK

Sponsored
More Discussions