Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Easter Decor 1

phonegirl
13 years ago

I'm going to post this in two posts so it won't take as long to load for some. Nothing fancy but maybe a few ideas for those who care to look.

I used my cake taker for this and filled it with lights and eggs. The pieces stack upside down or like a normal cake plate. I've never seen one put together like this so thought I'd share.

Punk

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, punk, it looks very FESTIVE at your house with your Easter decor! Love all the COLOR & FUN stuff! You have some really CUTE bunnies hoppin' around! Love the big jar filled w/eggs in the 1st pic...& the subtle colors of the eggs in the 2nd pic are so very soft & pretty...esp that basket w/lavendars & such & that cute bunny by it!

Your cake pedestal will look really cool lit up at night, too! That is a unique idea..bet your GD will love it! Did you paint your "hoppy Easter?" Cute! I got to shop at HLobby yesterday for a little bit (my 1st day out in a long time!) & 50% off Easter decor...so I bought some wood block pcs that spell out Easter & have vintage pics of chicks & bunnies...will be using that on the porch, I think. So I admire your painting skills!

Looks like fun! TFS! Jeanne S.
    (we're up late, aren't we!)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I was planning on heading to bed and couldn't believe others were here posting. Yes we are up LATE! Thanks so much for all your sweet comments. I didn't paint the Easter sign. DD bought it for me. DGD does like seeing all the easter lit up.

So glad you got out yesterday and found some Easter decor on sale already. BTW I didn't find any foil or metallic egss so will be giving DF the topiary as is.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I ditto what Jeanne said....Colorful and Fun, and definitely Festive. Hard to not smile looking at the vignettes you've created. I especially like the lighted cake stand in the last photo.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, Everything is so bright colorful, and festive.
    Seeing all the pretty pastels make me think that Spring might be on the way.doesn't seem like it here.
    The jar of eggs with the bow on top is terrific.
    I love the vignette with the little tree. The wire bunny is so cute.
    What a great idea to light the cake stand. It is wonderful!
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wow Punk...so Festive !!
    I love the Large Jar and lighted Cake stand
    filled with the colorful eggs...all your cute bunnies and the Easter Sign too.
    Your little tree with the bunnies and eggs all around is adorable. I have my eye on that 'wire' bunnie..very cute and different.
    Thanks for a bright & cheery morning.
    jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Well, you certainly have been hopping! LOL
    It is all very cute, but I'm loving the plates in the first picture.
    The pastel eggs in the wooden basket are calling to me too.
    Lots of lovelies to look at.
    It certainly is a Hoppy Easter around your house.

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Like Candy, my fav is those two neat plates in your first picture. Love the hoppy Easter sign too. I have a pedestal punch bowl that I filled with lights and ornaments one Christmas--never even thought about being able to use it for Easter, great idea!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, glad you like the lighted cake stand.

Nana, it was fun doing all this decorating and happy you enjoyed looking.

Jane, what would you put in that wire bunny? I thought it needed something but not sure how to decorate with it.

Candy, the brown plate was DM's and the other one is F & F. I picked up the little brown basket with purple eggs at Ross this year.

Luvs, maybe you will pull out your punch bowl and decorate for other Holidays. Hope to see some of your Easter crafts soon.

Thanks for all the comments ladies. Ran around to much today and had DS down for dinner this evening. I will try to get the BOP decorated soon, Jeanne.LOL

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Jeanne had it right Punk...VERY festive looking at your house! Love the jar full of colored eggs...so bright and cheery. So many great bunnies, etc. to see as well!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Punk,
    Those trays are beautiful, love the brown one. I bet the GKs will love all your bright decorations. I have that same cake plate, but I like what you've done with it, the lights really add alot to it and those little chicks are adorable.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Marlene for all the sweet comments. You ladies know how to keep one decorating!LOL

Frou, thanks, the little chicks are candles but I don't want to light them so just stuck them in. I added some flowers around the base of the cake plate after taking pictures and I like it better.

Punk

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions