Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT....my son's book

Purplemoon
10 years ago

I hesitated to post this here, its kind of long. Some of you know from FB, about my son's story now in a book. I'm so thrilled, so proud, and decided to share it here after all. This is what I'd sent to FB friends....

Jason's book is available on Amazon. Anyone wanting him to autograph a copy would have to me, and include return postage (sorry about that part). He will do book signings but I have no idea when and where, other than at his motivational talks. I am beyond excited over this book, been a LONG time coming. I'm especially thrilled a 'real' author wrote it. I can honestly say Mr. Napoleon did a great job in telling about Jason's journey.
He also truly captured the close relationship between Jas and his cop friends ( tho some rough humor, so typical of them too). Even tho I lived thru what all happened, this book had me both laughing and crying!!
I just wanted to let you know about the book (PLEASE don't think I'm expecting you to buy it,
or that it will bother me if you don't. I promise that's not the case!
hugs, Karen

Summary
My newest book debuts February 2014: 'Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story,' is the inspiring true story of a rare human being with an undeniable will to live.
Visit the official author website: www.landonjnapoleon.com

When a taxi smashed into police officer Jason Schechterle�s patrol car, the fireball that consumed the vehicle should have killed him. But by a series of small miracles, Schechterle survived: Dying would have been easier. As he would learn only after his own horrific ordeal, law enforcement officers across the country were perishing in similar fires, trapped inside burning Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors. Schechterle, who began a long, gruesome, and gut-wrenching battle back to health, would also take on Ford Motor Company to stop the heinous and ultimately preventable deaths. Interweaving narratives of human triumph and high-stakes legal showdown, this 'inspiring true story' (Kirkus Reviews) reveals a rare human being with an undeniable will to live.

'Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story' exemplifies the mystery and beauty of the human spirit, and the healing power of love.

I am the author of 12 fiction and nonfiction books including the novels 'ZigZag,' which was made into a feature film, and 'The Rules of Action,' a real-life legal drama that Kirkus Reviews called, 'A fast-paced tale of justice in action and a remarkably accurate portrait.'
Landon J. Napoleon

'This book is a powerful, inspiring story of one man�s will to survive and to thrive in the face of horrific injuries. It is also a keen look into the workings of our police men and women and the close bonds that knit them together. We admire them, and we especially admire Jason Schechterle.'
�Janet Napolitano, former Arizona governor (2002-2009) and Arizona attorney general (1998-2002)

'Sad, exciting, life-changing and emotional, Burning Shield: The Jason Schechterle Story is an amazing story of one man�s triumph over tragedy with the support of an entire community.'
�Jack Ballentine, former homicide detective and author of 'Murder for Hire'

'Jason Schechterle's life has been one of joy, tragedy, love, and hope. In Burning Shield, he motivates us with the power of positive thinking and living. Derrick Hall, president and CEO, Arizona Diamondbacks.

www.burningshield.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Jason's book info

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

thank you for the info on Jason's book Karen
    I'm looking forward to reading it.
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Got mine.....Jason looks at me every day wondering when I'm gonna start reading. Soon Jason, soon.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Glad you posted this ... such an inspiring man ~~ I have the book to read, too. Thanks, purplemoon! ~~Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy reading it. Some parts very sad, some graphic about his injuries, some parts downright funny thanks to Jason's sense of humor. And a bit cops' raunchiness thrown in, but Mr Napoleon I thought did a great job detailing Jason's journey from the flames.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

This sounds very interesting.
    I feel a movie offer coming on . . . .

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Wrote to you on this exciting news 'Proud Mama'...but will comment here....
    Hope his book is doing well.
    Your son is such a strong young man whose story will definitely reach out and inspire so many. Many Blessings to him.
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

PM, Jas's book is amazing! It has so much humor,
    love and pain shared. I loved reading how much all of
    his family means to him. Must say it touched me in
    more ways than I could of imagined. What a strong
    lovin' family to make it through all of this.

I'm on chapter 17 now so won't be long before I'm done.
    Guess you know I don't want to work, I'd rather read! I
    don't dare take it with me tho.lol Hope the sales continue
    to roll df.

I've been through laughter and tears reading Jas's story.
    His book was worth the wait! He found a great author.

You are a 'Proud Momma' and deserve your title!!! Jane
    gave 'PM' a whole new meaning and it's perfect.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WOW Punk, I'll let Jason know what you said about the book. He'll be so happy to hear this!

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    10 years ago

That is wonderful, Karen! I will look for the book. God bless him, and his mama!

• Creekbum
    10 years ago

Karen, Glad to hear this news! How exciting to have a Book! Congratulations to Jason! Yes, a Movie would be nice!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions