Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Mardi Gras Tree

christmascandy
13 years ago

Here is the white tree with Mardi Gras decor.

I used a pkg of masks from DT, beads I already had, gold tinsel garland, and green and gold ornies.

The clear lights stayed on from before.

The tree skirt is my Mardi Gras jacket that I made several years ago.

Let the good times roll!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

VERY pretty, Candy. I'm definitely suffering from lil white tree envy. LOL. But I'm sure it'll be cured by next year.

I've never decorated for Mardi Gras, weird since its my colors. I can't wait to see what you do for St Paddy and Easter with this little tree!!

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Purple, green and gold, it's all there and really looks good on your little tree. Your jacket is really nice too. We have a giant Mardi Gras party every other year and the off years we attend Mardi Gras in Louisiana where we were born and raised. This year we are heading to Louisiana, so when I get back I'm moving right on to Easter I think. It's one of my favorites.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Love your little tree all decked out for Mardi Gras.
    I'm sure you will have fun decorating it for the upcoming holidays.
    NanaK

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Candy - Your little tree is really pretty. You certainly made a good buy when you got your tree. It will keep you busy all year long decorating for holidays and events. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

cute tree and very festive. I have never done anything about Mardi Gras so my little tree is sitting in my craft room waiting for some StPatricks Green - I bought some stuff the other day and will decorate it in the next day or so - then it will be Easter and spring decor .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Also have never celebrated Mardi Gras...remember seeing Frou's last yr ...so, thanks, candy...learning new things every day on this forum! Luv the shiny P/G/G masks on your tree! Jeanne S.

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Very pretty Candy! Thanks for sharing.

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Nice job Candy! Looks very festive...now, where's the party?

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I love the "tree skirt" you used. Can't tell what it really is in the picture. I'm heading over to the Dollar Tree to get me some masks. Then I'll do a mini-table. I have a rather pathetic boa in Mardi Gras colors, so I can drape it around and over something.

Your tree is the kind of thing you can just fancy-up for any and all occasions.

Frou, I'd love to go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras just once in my life. I was there a couple of times before the flood and thought it was marvelous. It would probably be too wild for me, but I'd still want to go and eat and eat and eat and shout, "Stelllllllaaaaa" up to the balcony where Tennessee Williams stayed.

CC, guess I'll have to get some beads too. I have some, but not in Mardi Gras colors.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, such a pretty tree all decorated for MG. Love the masks and your jacket you made is perfect for the skirt. Sounds like you are inspiring others to join the party.

Frou, have fun and enjoy your trip to Louisiana.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Great job on your little tree, those masks are the perfect ornaments for it! Not a holiday I've ever decorated for either, but I love all the pretty colors. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Great, perfect colors for MG! The only thing bad about it is the next day Lent starts. Meatless Fridays, and I am not a fish lover!

Sponsored
More Discussions