Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

More Val Vignette & Ice Fall Update

jeannespines
13 years ago

Good news today from Dr (X-rayed)...no broken bones! This is my 2nd set of X-rays ...1st ones in ER on Fri. night...so want you to know that I'll be good as new soon. Plus I am typing with both hands (somewhat) now...smaller brace, healing good. Thanks for your concerns.

A stop at a TS today w/DH before my appt & I found some good things...will share later but did find this old soft paper book (99 cts) that I added to buffet Val decor I had shared before (original link is added below):

It's titled "Peaches" ...& the back cover is the same print so you can see it in the mirror here:

I think I'm finished tweaking my countertop silver tea set ...so it ended up like this...the light is one of those Scensy that melts candle in top that I got from one of DD for Christmas:

Upclose shot of napkin holder bird ... used doily on books here...the rose glass tray I took from a bedroom:

Hope you enjoy...& I should be back in full swing soon! Typing is better tho, you agree? Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Val Decor (original link)

Comments (12)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Glad you are healing and that the news was favorable.

Your vignette is just lovely. Those little silver birds are soooo sweet.

TFS the good news,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

So glad nothing was broken Jeanne, slips and falls can happen so darn quickly--hard to avoid sometimes.

Love your pretty new book, what a bargain find. Your silver set looks just perfect for Valentines. All your tweaking has paid off and everything looks lovely--now pour yourself a cup of tea and sit back and enjoy it all. ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, so glad you had good news today! Can't keep a Good Woman down when it comes to decorating, can they?LOL So happy for your new find on the darling book.

The bird napkin holder is wonderful. Do you have a whole set? DD's sensy candle works great with your vignette and added a nice touch. Everything is gorgeous. The tray was a perfect addition.

Don't over due if you can help it. BTW, you inspired me to polish my DM tea set and put it back out.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne..I'm happy to hear the good news on no broken bones. I'm sure your feeling relieved, knowing you're healing nicely...but take it slow so you'll heal quickly.

I love the old book you added to your Buffet.
    The illustration is lovely.(my style) Is it very old?
    What a great price.
    I think your tea set looks wonderful. I don't remember what silver cleaner you used - it did a fantastic job.

jane

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely displays as always! The book is so cute love it! Perfect for Valentine's vignette! Silver has such a lovely glow in the candlelight! Glad you got good reports on your fall. Can't imagine walking around with crutches in ice & snow so glad nothing broke. They do say sometimes sprains are more painful then breaks. I got up on roof today to trim back orange tree, don't want it to hit house, very careful getting on & off roof. Jan

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, So glad nothing's broken!!! That book is the perfect addition to your display. TFS
    NanaK

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I guess I missed what happened to you, so anyway, glad it's not serious!

Oh, did you see Iowa play last nite, they led the whole game against Wisconsin & then the refs did them in at the end!

I was rooting for Iowa to win, want to trade coaches, he is doing a fabulous job with Iowa, they are getting better & better, whereas, Illinois is getting worse, worse & worser (that isn't even a word)!!! LOL

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Everything looks just lovely. And I always am in awe in the beautiful photography you do. Magazine quality for sure!

Gkad you can type a little better, but don't 'rush' the healing and have a relapse on the pain.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well Jeanne...I have been out of the loop this week, so I didn't even know you had hurt yourself. I'm so sorry to hear about it, but I'm very glad you didn't break any bones and are feeling better! Your decor is always BEAUTIFUL! Love the new little book...fits perfectly! TFS.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your comments & good wishes, holiday-ers.

candy & punk...those silver birds I got 2 of of "new" while Christmas shopping ...I thought they were so unique because of one wing lifted for a napkin..kind of pricey but I've used them alot already! (& had 20% off coupon)...LOL!

luvs...I'll have hot chocolate...thank you! Boy, I've been Iowa winters all my life...I just wasn't paying attention & yup, so fast!

jane...the book is "kind of" old...1984 Merrimack Pblsh Corp, NY No. 40509 Printed in Hong Kong. Now 1984 doesn't seem old to me...but, yup, that's 27 yrs ago! Ugh! Here's what the inside looks like ...it's a 12 pg book:

punk...glad you're getting out your DM's tea set, too. This is quite a diff look for my decor ...but I am enjoying it...hope I can find ways to use it in other holiday vignettes.

jane..the polish is "Hagerty Silversmiths' polish with R-22 Tarnish Preventative"...I bought it at a hardware store...blue bottle.

And thanks all you other gals...I will take it slow...but my typing has improved immensely & it's good exercise for that hand! DH & I hit a couple TS's today after I did a little volunteer work...& yesterday, too...guess what? I found some things! Can you believe it! (& maybe some dishes!!!) Will share later. LOL! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, so happy your better and I can tell by your posts. It's hard to believe you found something while shopping!LOL I Love it! Will be waiting for your post on your new finds. If I didn't have to work, I would be shopping all the time for goodies.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

jeanne...thanks for the info on the book..I love the illustrations. 1984 doesn't seem that long ago, but when you break it down to '27 yrs' ! Yikes, where did the time fly by to?
    I'm going to pick up some 'Hagerty Silversmiths' cleaner.
    I've used it in the past and it did do a good job..
    I've been using 'Wright's'..but I'm not happy with it.
    Thanks again...

jane

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions