Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Remote Control Valentine Candles that I Designed!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 12 at 23:57

Ohhhh, I am a happy camper today cause I took back those 3 remote control candles (3rd time around) & got their last set at Bed, Bath & Beyond. This time I had them put batteries in & try them out & they all worked! Yippee!

Remember my Tara candle (faux one w/timer) in my GWTW t'scape:

GWTWBuffetLeftSideCandle2.11

So tonight I printed out some images from a book I have (you could Google images if you want) ... & tried it out on the 3 candles...here's a pic on my kitchen counter w/stove light on behind me:
Val Candle Light C2.12

Here's the same pic w/flash...that plate is a TS find awhile back ...just got 1 plate & `1 cup for $2 & it reminded me of some dishes I thought I saw on Holiday Forum:

Val Candle Flash 2.12

Here's another w/just light behind me:

Val Candle Light B2.12

Here's the two tog:

Val Candle Light A2.12

My third pic I printed didn't come out very good for the shortest candle ...so I'm just using these 2 candles. Here's how it looks w/the lights off:

Val Candle Dark A2.12

I'm so excited about how they turned out! I printed them in color on a transparent plastic sheet ...it wasn't self-sticking like the GWTW music I printed on. This brand I tried is Grafix Computer-Printable Transparent Plastic Sheets & sells for $7 for 6 sheets at Hobby Lobby...I used a 40% off coupon to help w/cost...they are 8-l/2 x 11 size per sheet.

I used double face tape to tape the transparency to the candle...the candles are waxy finish...I hope it won't leave a residue...if it does, they would usually be turned to the back somewhere anyway.

Anyway, a new idea! I'm going to add a few rose petals to this plate & call it done! Hope you enjoy! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Remote Control Valentine Candles that I Designed!

LOL!!! I must be tired. I opened this thread expecting to see a candle that looked like a remote control. :O)

Your candles are very nice!

o

Nice 'creations' Jeanne!
Ever since I saw your 'Tara's' Theme candles...
I was hooked!! Great pics you used on the new ones.
So glad you finally got a set that works too!
I had one set that had one dud..but I didn't bother to return them. I purchased 4 sets (I know - I'm nuts)!
Anyway - I'm so happy you're a happy camper..enjoy them and we'll look forward to more clever 'designs' with your candles!!

jane

o

Jeanne, love your candles. What a clever way to be able to change them out for the occasion. I hope you will keep us posted on how this works out. I would love to try this so may ask more questions when the time comes if I can't find this post.LOL

BTW, your plate is so neat. Love the design on it.

Punk

o

I'm glad your persistence paid off!
they are wonderful.
Nana

o

Love them. I want to use the timed ones in the candleier. How can I get the little metal spikes out of the metal holder?

o

joyce...DH has a pr of 'bolt cutters' that would probably work for cutting off those metal spikes...or smacking it w/hammar?

punk...my GWTW one is in the closet & I have used that candle w/o the music transparency ... so it's worked good...doesn't stick as well now but I'll just use a strip of double sided tape on backside where transparency meets at the back of the candle.

Thanks, holiday-ers! A fun project! Jeanne S.

o

Jeanne, Those are absolutely beautiful! I think I may try and copy some family photos and try it that way.

Thanks for the suggestions and creative mind!

Good Work!

Creek

o

Thank you, thank you. I already have ideas going round in my head. These are so grab looking.

I especially appreciate how you took the time to write out all the info.
Thanks, OA

o

Love these! I will have to put these on my "bucket List". I haven't bought any of the flameless candles yet, but I sure plan to. I love the ones I saw on different blogs with the sheet music at Christmas. Seems like I get all these great ideas, but the way things have been going here, I just don't have the energy to acomplish very much. I sure have been enjoying all you all are doing though.

o

Jeanne, that's pretty impressive! I love how they turned out...and just think of all the holiday possibilities now for them!
You are one determined lady after having three times that they didn't work! I'd have given up. So glad you didn't.

hugs, Karen

o

Thanks for the comments, 'Holiday-ers' ... I've never had any trouble buying faux candles w/on-off switch only or w/timer on-off switches. But these remote ones I saw posted by our Holiday friend, jane ...& loved them...so 3rd time was a charm...they're working beautifully!

The pics I used are like postcard pics from a book called 'Weddings' ...Memories of a Liftime by Sandra Evertson (artwork for scrapbooks & fabric-transfer crafts)...has a CD with it that are copyright-free images.

One thing I forgot to mention is to let your ink 'dry' 10 min or so before attaching to the candle. ;-) Jeanne S.

o

So creative, J! At Jane's urging I bought a set, but only one! LOL
I love what you did with yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here