Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

My Remote Control Valentine Candles that I Designed!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Ohhhh, I am a happy camper today cause I took back those 3 remote control candles (3rd time around) & got their last set at Bed, Bath & Beyond. This time I had them put batteries in & try them out & they all worked! Yippee!

Remember my Tara candle (faux one w/timer) in my GWTW t'scape:

So tonight I printed out some images from a book I have (you could Google images if you want) ... & tried it out on the 3 candles...here's a pic on my kitchen counter w/stove light on behind me:

Here's the same pic w/flash...that plate is a TS find awhile back ...just got 1 plate & `1 cup for $2 & it reminded me of some dishes I thought I saw on Holiday Forum:

Here's another w/just light behind me:

Here's the two tog:

My third pic I printed didn't come out very good for the shortest candle ...so I'm just using these 2 candles. Here's how it looks w/the lights off:

I'm so excited about how they turned out! I printed them in color on a transparent plastic sheet ...it wasn't self-sticking like the GWTW music I printed on. This brand I tried is Grafix Computer-Printable Transparent Plastic Sheets & sells for $7 for 6 sheets at Hobby Lobby...I used a 40% off coupon to help w/cost...they are 8-l/2 x 11 size per sheet.

I used double face tape to tape the transparency to the candle...the candles are waxy finish...I hope it won't leave a residue...if it does, they would usually be turned to the back somewhere anyway.

Anyway, a new idea! I'm going to add a few rose petals to this plate & call it done! Hope you enjoy! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

• party_music50
    12 years ago

LOL!!! I must be tired. I opened this thread expecting to see a candle that looked like a remote control. :O)

Your candles are very nice!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nice 'creations' Jeanne!
    Ever since I saw your 'Tara's' Theme candles...
    I was hooked!! Great pics you used on the new ones.
    So glad you finally got a set that works too!
    I had one set that had one dud..but I didn't bother to return them. I purchased 4 sets (I know - I'm nuts)!
    Anyway - I'm so happy you're a happy camper..enjoy them and we'll look forward to more clever 'designs' with your candles!!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love your candles. What a clever way to be able to change them out for the occasion. I hope you will keep us posted on how this works out. I would love to try this so may ask more questions when the time comes if I can't find this post.LOL

BTW, your plate is so neat. Love the design on it.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I'm glad your persistence paid off!
    they are wonderful.
    Nana

• joycegreen1
    12 years ago

Love them. I want to use the timed ones in the candleier. How can I get the little metal spikes out of the metal holder?

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

joyce...DH has a pr of 'bolt cutters' that would probably work for cutting off those metal spikes...or smacking it w/hammar?

punk...my GWTW one is in the closet & I have used that candle w/o the music transparency ... so it's worked good...doesn't stick as well now but I'll just use a strip of double sided tape on backside where transparency meets at the back of the candle.

Thanks, holiday-ers! A fun project! Jeanne S.

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Those are absolutely beautiful! I think I may try and copy some family photos and try it that way.

Thanks for the suggestions and creative mind!

Good Work!

Creek

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Thank you, thank you. I already have ideas going round in my head. These are so grab looking.

I especially appreciate how you took the time to write out all the info.
    Thanks, OA

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Love these! I will have to put these on my "bucket List". I haven't bought any of the flameless candles yet, but I sure plan to. I love the ones I saw on different blogs with the sheet music at Christmas. Seems like I get all these great ideas, but the way things have been going here, I just don't have the energy to acomplish very much. I sure have been enjoying all you all are doing though.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, that's pretty impressive! I love how they turned out...and just think of all the holiday possibilities now for them!
    You are one determined lady after having three times that they didn't work! I'd have given up. So glad you didn't.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the comments, 'Holiday-ers' ... I've never had any trouble buying faux candles w/on-off switch only or w/timer on-off switches. But these remote ones I saw posted by our Holiday friend, jane ...& loved them...so 3rd time was a charm...they're working beautifully!

The pics I used are like postcard pics from a book called 'Weddings' ...Memories of a Liftime by Sandra Evertson (artwork for scrapbooks & fabric-transfer crafts)...has a CD with it that are copyright-free images.

One thing I forgot to mention is to let your ink 'dry' 10 min or so before attaching to the candle. ;-) Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

So creative, J! At Jane's urging I bought a set, but only one! LOL
    I love what you did with yours!

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions