Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Estate Sale Finds

maximavswife
12 years ago

A few weeks ago, when dad was stable, DH & I went to an estate sale right out of my dreams! See the story here.

Kath

P.s. our dear Candy is the sweetest friend. What a comforting surprise for me when she walked in at my fathers viewing. I could not stop hugging her. Thank you dear friend!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Estate Sale Finds

Comments (8)

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

((Kathe)) ... It's nice to see you posting. I hope you're doing as well as one possibly can be given your recent loss. **Thinking of you**.

I must shamefully admit , I didn't know what Candlewick was by name but did once I saw your pics. Beautiful!! pieces that you managed to tow home. Such an amazing collection the estate owner had.
    I bet it was a wonderful time just wandering around admiring all the pieces themselves.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh wow, maxi! You did score!!! I'm so happy you & DH were able to get to the estate sale...& you added some beautiful pcs at great $$$ prices! Welcome back! Love to see your pics (always!)

I collect Heisey Lariat which was made at the same time as Candlewick (to compete, I have read) ...it's like your's but a lariat type rope...I'll attach a pic if I have one in PBkt.

Hugs to you during this time of loss...one day at a time, as is said. Jeanne S.

Here's a Lariat candy dish:

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kathe, I'm glad you are feeling up to posting again.
    I think it is good therapy.
    How very thoughtful of Candy to attend the visitation for your Dad. It is so hard to lose our loved ones, and I think having friends be there for us helps so much.

You got some really nice pieces of Candlewick. Hope to see a table featuring them soon.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, so glad to see you found these wonderful dishes. I love mine and would buy more if I came upon them at the right price. Sounds like you couldn't find them in any better shape.Woohoo!

So glad Candy was able to be with you during your loss. Friends are special and times like this make us realize we wouldn't want to live w/o them. Your still in my thoughts and prayers.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Those are such beautiful dishes, Kathe. I can only imagine how excited you were at seeing so many of them in one place. So glad you were able to add to your collection.

I'm sorry for your loss of your Dad, but we all know you were there for him and saw that he had the best care possible. That is so wonderful that Candy was able to come to the viewing.

Luvs

• snolady
    12 years ago

I have a few pieces of this glassware. Both candlewick and lariat. I would have loved that estate sale. Sorry to read of your loss.My sympathy to you. Both my parents are gone too. But my candlewick and lariat keep their memory alive. I used to live near Denver. What town are you near?

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathe...so good to see you back posting again.

That Estate Sale you went to is 'my kind of shopping'.
    What a huge collection!
    Love the Candlewick pieces you bought to add to your collection. It can get 'dangerous' when there are so many things you love AND especially when the prices are reasonable. I think you showed 'great control' !! lol
    I feel sad when I go to Estate Sales and see things being sold that were never used. I feel, (as the sale you went to) they had some plan in mind, but never got to follow through.
    Sometimes I imagine when I'm gone, and my 'suff' is sold off, people wondering if I had these grand dinners..or was I just a dish nut!! lol

What a lovely gesture of Candy to show up for your father's viewing.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Kathe,
    Wow, you hit a great sale! How fun for you to find such a super collection to choose pieces to add to your set! Like a kid in a "candy"store, LOL.

My condolences again on your recent loss, but sure enjoyed meeting your wonderful family.
    Your DD will stay alive in your beautiful memories and live on through you and your sons. What a great legacy.

Glad you are up to posting and congratulations on your Candlewick score! Looking forward to your tablescapes with all your new finds.

Take care,
    Candy