Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

New St. Patrick's Day Wreath

christmascandy
11 years ago

I made a wreath for the front door for St. Patrick's Day.
I used a grapevine wreath from the TS that I bought and stripped of the decor that was on it originally.
Then I added some green ribbon and a bow that I made,from the same ribbon. I wired on some green foil shamrocks from a package from DT and added a metal pot of gold sign, also from the TS. The ribbon was clearance after the holiday, so the total cost for the wreath was about $4.50.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Candy

Comments (12)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, love your new St. Patrick's Day Wreath you made. So pretty with the green ribbon. The black pot w/gold really topped it off.

I started my St Patrick's Day decor last weekend. If I ever
    stay home long enough to take pictures, I'll share.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

That is wonderful, Candy. Can't beat the price! I really like this!

hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Candy, the wreath came out great and it's perfect on that door (especially with those "ribbon tails" at the bottom!). But how do you hang it on that door??? Did you actually put a nail through the mullion? I've been afraid to do that on my door.... I figured I'd break the glass or window-seal just from banging with a hammer. :p

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, your wreath is so neat. It is so cheerful and bright, just right for St. Patrick's Day
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

You are so talented w/flowers, ribbons & such! This is so cute! Love it! & the price is right, too, w/all your recycling, thrift shopping!

party ...I use a rubber suction cup for holding these wreaths on my door ...once in a while, it fails ...but most times, it 'sticks!' Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies.
    PM, we had to order a new storm door after our burglary as they kicked in the door and the old storm door wouldn't fit the new door!! Apparently, millworks change sizes to make things obsolete just like the rest of the world!
    Anyway, when we ordered the new storm door, my DH ordered it with a hook built into the frame. He actually has his moments when he is thoughtful, LOL!!

There are also magnetic wreath holders that have a powerful magnet that fit inside the glass to hold the hanger on the outside of the glass. But, they won't work on double pane glass!

I have also used thin zip strips inserted between the door frame and the glass when I didn't have the door with the hook.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Very nice, Candy, that pot of gold was the perfect accent to use. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Gosh,Candy I'm so sorry to learn your home was burglarized. What a terrible experience!!
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

yikes! Burglars that kicked in a front door?!?! OMG....

Candy, your DH is definitely a keeper. I've never heard of a door with a built-in hanging hook!

I've tried the magnetic holders, but for the doors where they work I don't want the wreath blocking the light from coming through the glass! :p I've also tried the over-the-door strap holders, but they are useless except on a door that is always left open. And I can't get a suction cup to reliably hold a even a lightweight decoration. I think it's a sign. lol!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Your new wreath turned out beautifully and looks great on your front door! The price was right too!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Love your new door & he wreath came out lovely! Any wreath will look terrific with such a great looking background.! You'll be busy making new ones for all the holidays! Jan

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

This came out adorable Candy..
    I love the ribbon and the Pot Of Gold.
    Looks very cheerful on your front door...and the
    price >> can't be beat!
    jane