Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Table Tweaked - Now its Winter Birds

christmascandy
12 years ago

I made a few changes to the snowman table using the Winter Bird salad plates I bought on EBay after finding the dinner plates last year.

I kept the plaid details and changed the salad plates and CP. I added my Holly goblets and holly sprigs to the napkin rings.

The CP is 2 different birdhouses and some ceramic cardinals. I also switched the candles in the snowflake tealights to some cardinal ones I found at a TS, but I didn't want to light them as it would destroy the cardinals.

I switched the green and cream holly plates. As you can see, the green almost cover the plaid plates. Each salad plate has a different bird house and winter greenery.

A candyshot w/o the green plates:

A winter bird table for a snowy winter day.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (9)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Those are really cute Winter bird salad plates, candy...glad you were able to add to your set! Still am loving the plaid t'cloth & the stacked place-settings! Cute centerpc w/all the red/green & birdhouse & birds, greenery & snowflakes! Those lil' Cardinals look cute on the crystal snowflake candleholders, too!

A fun Feb Winter table ..& it looks like you may have got some more snow, uh? TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jeanne,
    The snow is really pretty, but it sure made a mess of traveling this morning. Usually, I don't have to work on Fridays, but actually had to get out in it this morning, UGH!! I have 4 wheel drive, but too many others don't and they caused huge problems!

It is a weird storm as Feb. is usually pretty dry, it is only our 6th snowiest month. This is more like a March or April snow, but hopefull it will melt quickly.

TTFN,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You knew I was going to love this...birds, cardinals, birdhouses! And winter green color! Yep, right up my alley on all accounts.
    Another winner at Candyland!

Speaking of winter, did that Denver snowstorm I just read about on news hit you guys hard?

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, love your changes to this table. Those plates are super and all your added birds are great. Beautiful table and I like it best w/gr plates. Gives it that extra wow. Your neat snowflake tealights are a perfect match to your outdoors.

Can only imagine what the roads were like going to work this morning. So many here have a hard time slowing down for our road conditions. Hope it melts fast and you can get back to golfing.

Stay warm and safe.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, I love how you 'tweaked' your table.
    The bird house plates really stand out on top of the green ones. It's neat how the plaid plates peek out, so clever!
    The Cardinals and white birds are perfect.
    I'm sorry you had to be out in bad weather. It seems you are getting your share of snow and ours.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody.
    It was snowing quite hard, but no wind, so it was manageable.
    The sun is shining today and it has started to melt a little bit, but still very cold, so it will take a while.

I think the green does set the birdhouse plates off better, but it sure does cover up most of the plaid. I wish there was just a bit more plaid peeking out. Oh well, time to change it to Valentine's anyway, LOL

I did think of Karen when I bought those cardinal tealights. I knew she would like them.

I won't light them as it will destroy them.

Does anybody else buy candles that they won't light? Or am I the only weirdo, LOL??

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy what a lovely table - 'Tweaked' just right!
    Those bird plates combined with the green ones and then the plaid are such pretty combinations. I
    think the plaid tablecloth is a perfect backdrop for everything and the red napkins, cardinals and birdhouses add a nice 'Pop'of color to compliment it all.
    I've been following your weather pattern as my brother is in Boulder and I feel for you guys. Hope it warms up and melts fast so you can get out to enjoy some golf.
    jane

• neesie
    12 years ago

Now it makes me wish I didn't pack away my Cardinal statues with the Christmas stuff. They could have transitioned to Valentine's Day! Thanks for the idea.

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Wow! What a difference. That's a totally different table.

You have a VERY nice set of bird/birdhouse winter dishes. I especially like how they are rimmed with the cones and checkered pattern.

Actually, I prefer the solid green plates under the salad plates. I think they show off the salad rims better. You can still show off the green rims when you use the soup bowls.

Stay warm.

OA

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz
More Discussions