Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

really pretty Val table on a blog

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Isn't this table setting lovely! Her china is gorgeous I think (its Arzberg Schumann Antique Roses).

And she made the heart boxes herself! I love them.

Be sure to read the winter poem on the top rgt side!

Enjoy!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: romantic Val table

Comments (10)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Karen,
    that table is absolutely gorgeous! The roses look beautiful with the china.
    I like the way the verses are combined with the photos and I think that estate sale piece is wonderful.

The poem at the right side is also lovely.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, wonderful table and poem. Thanks for sharing another wonderful site.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Loved the cherub she used, wasn't it neat? Very pretty table and I liked the poems too. I spent about half an hour just exploring older posts as well--did you see her Halloween things? Loved the little house covered in papers! She has lots of pretty dishes and excellent taste it appears. I'll browse more later, thanks so much for sharing with us.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful table. I loved the poem.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, if we only all could get tog once in awhile...we could create some beautiful handmade val boxes, too...wouldn't we have fun w/all the diff memorablia...her's are just so lovely on the table... a wonderful addition!

But most of all the crocheted t'cloth that her Mom did & the Irish linens that the blogger sewed...oh my, amazinG1 That t'cloth is so STRIKING w/the red cloth underneath. Everything is beautiful...

Finding that metal garden cherub...WOW! TFS, PM. Jeanne S

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen...
    You found another wonderful site to 'drool over'
    What a georgeous setting and the poem along with it is so lovely.

*Jeanne...I'm heading your way with the H/Bus..get ready for some VDay box crafting!! Now wouldn't that be fabulous!!
    I agree about the Linens she made and especially the amazing tablecloth made by her Mother.

Thanks Karen for sharing this.

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

So elegant and beautiful! Love the lace and the handmade heart boxes are to die for! Thanks for the link....I need to wipe off my keyboard now.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

If y'all really want to drool...check her fantastic storage cabinets out!

Here is a link that might be useful: endless storage cabinets

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, this is amazing and I think I can be thankful I don't have all that storage in our home or it would be FULL. I got so many wonderful ideas and tips from her blog. Look out closets.. The tc will be hung!!! I also loved how she has all of the napkin rings in the little storage containers.

Oh I could go on forever. She has so many wonderful dishes, accessories, etc. She is also very talented at making things.

I will have to go back when I have more time and check it all out. She is BLESSED. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Her linen ironing tips were good....(unless you are allergic to ironing like me. LOL)

"The easiest way to iron your linens is to spray them with water, or take them from the dryer fairly damp and
    place them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator overnight. I'm not sure why this works, it just does. The next day when you take them out to iron, you will find you don't need starch and ironing is a breeze.

In case of light-colored linens, iron on the wrong side first, then on the right side to bring out the sheen. As regards dark-colored articles, iron on the wrong side only.

Iron embroidered items on the wrong side on a towel.. This keeps the embroidered portion from flattening out.

Sponsored
More Discussions